Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Inverter not RGM-capable [RGM = Revenue grade meter]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for more information. I do not have any emails from NJ around this, just an NJSTRE # which is the build number. I would really think Tesla needs this fixed even with people that "sold" their TREC rights as Tesla can't even claim till this is resolved. I just coming up on 10k kWh soon and I would like to start earning..

I just received an update that the firmware update has been completed. I predict reality is two months....

A Tesla representative on November 12th
"The firmware has been completed! Currently it is in the testing and validation stage. Once it passes, we will send an over-the-air update to the Tesla inverters. No action is required on your part. I expect this to happen in the next 2-3 weeks."

Badger them to submit the application. If it is approved it will show up in these reports. They update every month.
I'm currently in status 'As Built Incomplete'
@hendo42 So, after being accepted into the NJcleanenergy program earlier this year, I have called Tesla many time, they have not submitted any additional paperwork to NJCE so my file is at a standstill.... No additional progress. Wondering if you or anyone else have had any luck.

They are still waiting for firmware to add an RGM to our systems. They keep telling me I will be able to still get credits for the solar I have produced, but I do not believe them. I am up to 6 MWh so I am not going to be happy if they are lying to me

Attachments

• 91839CC7-8663-4998-932B-029ABC88FF91.jpeg
    91839CC7-8663-4998-932B-029ABC88FF91.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 117
It’s actually on their Powerwall vs Powerwall+ comparison table: How Powerwall Works | Powerwall Support

Note that PW is listed as ±2% (“revenue accuracy”, probably a term they made up themselves), whereas PW+ is listed as ±0.5 (“revenue grade”).
The BG2 is also rated at .2%, more accurate than their inverter weirdly enough but whatevs, been nothing but happy since install 12/6.

@socbrian any updates for you?

@hendo42 when did you order and how were you able to keep your TRECs? Or SuSIs?

@JPnoice note that this whole discussion is only relevant if you requested to keep your TRECs. if Tesla gave you an up front discount, it's their problem and there's nothing for you to worry about.
@lensovet I own my TRECs. I recently got an email stating the issue with the "revenue grade tracking" and they are working on it, It is still in testing and validation. no estimated time for completion.

Reactions: lensovet
@socbrian any updates for you?

@hendo42 when did you order and how were you able to keep your TRECs? Or SuSIs?

@JPnoice note that this whole discussion is only relevant if you requested to keep your TRECs. if Tesla gave you an up front discount, it's their problem and there's nothing for you to worry about.
Nothing for me. I'm trying to get the state of NJ to push pressure. I really have been tempted to open arbitration too with Tesla. I'm still not confident I'll bet all the power generated pre RGM.

There's certainly absolutely no federal requirements for this. It's a state requirement to get SRECs/SuSIs to make sure that you are not getting paid for more energy than you produced.

From your post I'm gathering that you have had no movement on resolving your situation?

Got an update... aka we won't see anything till April now. I submitted a service request to get a Nuerio 2 installed, but last times I tired I didn't ever hear back.

Tesla has been working on updating all PV systems that have been installed with these inverters. We are currently waiting for our Software team to complete their steps in creating the database to collect this data. Our Software team has advised the estimated completion date will be in April. The required firmware has been created, tested and validated. The next step is to install a Nuerio 2 meter at your home (If it has not yet been done.)

Please be advised this is affecting all customers across the country. The last update I received is that we are in the deployment stages. We are expecting a large supply of Nuerio meters to be received in our warehouses in April 2021. Our Field Service team will be installing these meters, however, our Scheduling team will be scheduling these installations.

We are working as quickly as possible to install these meters and I have no access to scheduling and cannot expedite any customer. Once your Nuerio meter is installed and the database is created, we will be able to submit your final As-Built to the TREC program. I appreciate your continued patience. As always, please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Update, I got a neurio meter installed today. Tech was a bit confused, as I have powerwalls and there was already a CT clamp on the solar output. So now I have 2 CT clamps, one from the Power Gateway and one from the Neurio meter.

He did say the 22.9 firmware supports the neurio and I can see that in the Inverter setting pages. I added screen shots and some pictures incase people want it.

I also reached out a contact in Tesla to say I had the install done, and to see where I am with submitting the paperwork to NJ. She mentioned that a database might still be in the works, and she will check on status of that before she can complete the paperwork.

Seems like some light at the end of the tunnel?

Attachments

• microsoft_edge_screenshot_Apr 21, 2022 1_54_55 PM EDT.png~2.jpg
    microsoft_edge_screenshot_Apr 21, 2022 1_54_55 PM EDT.png~2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 50
  • microsoft_edge_screenshot_Apr 21, 2022 7_46_25 PM EDT.png~2.jpg
    microsoft_edge_screenshot_Apr 21, 2022 7_46_25 PM EDT.png~2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20220421_175321901.jpg
    PXL_20220421_175321901.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 45
Update, I got a neurio meter installed today. Tech was a bit confused, as I have powerwalls and there was already a CT clamp on the solar output. So now I have 2 CT clamps, one from the Power Gateway and one from the Neurio meter.

He did say the 22.9 firmware supports the neurio and I can see that in the Inverter setting pages. I added screen shots and some pictures incase people want it.

I also reached out a contact in Tesla to say I had the install done, and to see where I am with submitting the paperwork to NJ. She mentioned that a database might still be in the works, and she will check on status of that before she can complete the paperwork.

Seems like some light at the end of the tunnel?
Tesla tech was out today to install a "RGM" on my system. No PW's. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but he left a nice note saying they added a Neurio. That would make 2 for my system as well. I think this one is installed just upstream of my 2 inverters, where the other is installed before my generator ATS (upstream of the where the solar taps into the mains). Ill pull the one panel open in the next week or two to see.

So now I have one Neurio that goes (Utility meter - Neurio - Solar tap - Generator ATS - Main Panel)

The second (new) Neurio that goes (Inverters - sub panel - Neurio - disconnect - solar tap onto the main)