Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is cooking my feet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is sending way too much heat to my feet - they are getting so warm that it is uncomfortable.

It seems like it started this week after installing 2019.40.2.1 although I am not sure it is related.

My HVAC is set to automatic everything and my temp is set at 70, I tried lowering it to 68 and same result, burning feet.

It is cool outside 30-40 degrees F but this is not my first winter with the 3 and it certainly has been colder.

Anyone else notice a change like this?

Reactions: Carnook
Are you able to not include the foot vent when you use the Auto setting? I don't use the auto setting so can't say, however I am on the same software. I generally don't keep the foot vent selected unless it's really cold outside and I haven't preheated the car.

Are you able to not include the foot vent when you use the Auto setting? I don't use the auto setting so can't say, however I am on the same software. I generally don't keep the foot vent selected unless it's really cold outside and I haven't preheated the car.
Nope, if I put it on auto the foot vent is selected, I have to take it off auto to deselect it

A reset might help with weird HVAC problems, especially when they happen after an update.

True. My husband's Model S (HW2) got his recent update and while at work was getting notifications that "Sentry Mode was being turned off due to a sentry system error". Car was in the parking lot, so he would re-enable it from his app. A period of time would go by and the car would send out the notification again. and again. and again. We got 22 shut down notifications in one afternoon before he got to get his car. He did a reboot and not a single one after that.