Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Launches Model Y Configurator in China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla’s Shanghai-built Model Y is now available for configuration.

Tesla launched the configurator this week, offering the Long Range AWD and the Performance versions of the Model Y. While no delivery date is provided, production is expected to begin in 2021.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk kicked off China’s Model Y at an event in January. Tesla has been delivering its Shanghai-built Model 3 all year, but the Model Y all-electric crossover SUV is expected to be Tesla’s most popular vehicle.

To meet that demand, Tesla is currently racing to construct an addition to Gigafactory Shanghai dedicated do Model Y production. The company has reportedly completed the shell of the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love my Tesla X. I am a total fan. I will probably by a CyberTruck next. Considering the world today, I would prefer Elon not use Communist China to build cars for America. Sell them in China... no problem. ABC whenever reasonably possible. Lots of Americans could use these Tesla jobs. Still a total fan... Tesla is a game changer!