Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got approved for 1.99% at eecu. Has anyone recently been able to take advantage of lightstream’s rate beat offer?

I know people in the past have been able to get approved with eecu then go over to lightstream at get an unsecured loan at 0.1% less. But I read in the terms that it excludes secured loans (which I believe the eecu loan is), so I wonder if this would still work.
I called Lightstream and their rate match is for unsercured loans only. Most competitive rates with Credit Unions and other banks are for secured loans.

I called Lightstream and their rate match is for unsercured loans only. Most competitive rates with Credit Unions and other banks are for secured loans.

Ok thanks. Yeah from combing through past posts it seems like they changed their policy around August this year so that they'd only match rates for unsecured loans, which most loans aren't :( At least tesla has their own rate match, which makes the whole process just a little bit easier.

I’m sure almost anyone basic photoshop skills can doctor the approval letter from eecu to get a rate match with Tesla. I was looking at it and it’s pretty straight forward.
I'm sure you're right, but that would require someone to share it, then commiting fraud. That said I'm sure after Tesla gets a 100 or so of the same banks approval letters someone will blow a whistle

Well, i got approved by EECU and asked Tesla to Rate Match, they did. My APR is now reflecting 1.99 APR for 72 months! Nice deal. I suggest anyone in CA, if financing, to reach out to EECU, get an approval letter (the first one), scan and send it to tesla to match. Feel much better now.
It only took Tesla like 30 minutes to get back to me. yay!

upload_2019-12-10_16-58-54.png

Well, i got approved by EECU and asked Tesla to Rate Match, they did. My APR is now reflecting 1.99 APR for 72 months! Nice deal. I suggest anyone in CA, if financing, to reach out to EECU, get an approval letter (the first one), scan and send it to tesla to match. Feel much better now.

View attachment 486926
I did an app with EECU today, and although I have great credit, they said it'd take a day or two. Put a deposit down on a demo 3PD about an 1hr from my delivery center. Not sure if I'm getting cold feet on the whole thing. . .

View attachment 486926
C

EECU wouldn't supply me with the pre approval because I couldn't move to the next step which was membership.

I did an app with EECU today, and although I have great credit, they said it'd take a day or two. Put a deposit down on a demo 3PD about an 1hr from my delivery center. Not sure if I'm getting cold feet on the whole thing. . .
Why are you getting cold feet? I got the same message from eecu. 2 business days later, I got Call telling me I was approved. I got the documents 2 days after that. Scanned the doc and sent it to Tesla.

View attachment 486926

I applied and was approved for 72 months at 1.99% with EECU yesterday. Verbally they told me I was approved and they would overnight the membership paperwork. Is the approval letter in that same package or did you have to request it via email?

For those in California, I recently got my loan through Stanford Federal Credit Union. 3.24% for 72-84 months which includes two qualifiers for this discounted rate. They have some relationship with Tesla that makes this purchase process really easy. On the day of pick up, all you need to do is show them your loan approval email from SFCU, sign, and drive. No need to present MVPA back and forth, Tesla sends all docs directly to SFCU for you. Feel free to reach out for loan contact info.

For those in California, I recently got my loan through Stanford Federal Credit Union. 3.24% for 72-84 months which includes two qualifiers for this discounted rate. They have some relationship with Tesla that makes this purchase process really easy. On the day of pick up, all you need to do is show them your loan approval email from SFCU, sign, and drive. No need to present MVPA back and forth, Tesla sends all docs directly to SFCU for you. Feel free to reach out for loan contact info.
Why would you do that if you’re in ca and can easily get 1.99 through a cu? If you don’t want to stick with the cu, show Tesla your approval letter and have them match it.. I don’t get it.

Reactions: SoCalMike
I applied and was approved for 72 months at 1.99% with EECU yesterday. Verbally they told me I was approved and they would overnight the membership paperwork. Is the approval letter in that same package or did you have to request it via email?
It comes shortly after your package. It’s an envelope with a couple of pages, the front one being the approval letter saying you’re approved. Scan and send that to Tesla if you don’t want to stick it with the cu

Reactions: SoCalMike
Can anyone who went with EECU comment on how easy it is to make monthly payments via their system? IE I don't want to have to manually move money from my current accounts to EECU to then pay from their account.. is it possible to link an account from another bank/CU and automatically withdraw from there each month?

Thanks!

Can anyone who went with EECU comment on how easy it is to make monthly payments via their system? IE I don't want to have to manually move money from my current accounts to EECU to then pay from their account.. is it possible to link an account from another bank/CU and automatically withdraw from there each month?

Thanks!
If you're too worried about it, just send your approval letter to Tesla: [email protected] and ask them to match your rate from eecu.. They'll adjust whatever rate you have with them to 1.99 and move on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.