Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy a Model 3 SR+ for $37,995. Does anyone know the exact total I will need to finance in order to cover the fees and tax? I'm in IN so tax is 7%. It looks like you add that tax and also the $1,200 destination and doc fee. For a total of $41,849.3. Does that sound right?

That math looks right but this will all be figured for your on your Tesla portal after you place your order. All of my charges are listed out for me to review and a total is shown. You might round up a bit if you are applying for financing elsewhere besides Tesla.

That's why you should get a loan easily from DCU. They only require to join organization, and it only need $10 donation. That's it.
Reach Out for Schools membership right? Did you have to get this membership before they would prequalify you?
"0.50% for Plus and Relationship members" Can you tell me what this means?
Also, "DCU offer 1.75% but has the absurd requirement to direct deposit the entire salary into their checking account. Not sure if it's worth the hassle to try it with DCU." Is this true with them as of today?

Last edited:
For anyone that will read this, I had a horrible experience with DCU. They jerked me around for weeks. They approved the loan, dinged my credit score, and then decided they aren't going to approve credit union membership thus forcing the rate to jump up significantly.

On the other hand EECU was flabergastingly easy. Took 45 seconds to fill out their online stuff and then got a letter in less than an hour which I sent to Tesla who matched it.
What was their reason for not approving the membership? From what I can tell, the easiest way to get membership is to join one of their approved organizations for $10 donation.

Reactions: imola.zhp
In the process of obtaining a loan with DCU with 1.74% for 65 months. They are requiring a purchase agreement prior to finalizing the loan. Is sending the MVPA sufficient? I currently have a loan approved with Tesla but found the better rate with DCU, do I need to notify Tesla about my new loan with DCU or do I just have it changed at delivery?

737FD7CE-59F6-4568-8733-48F4602F9BAB.jpeg

Rates just dropped from 2.49 to 1.99 this evening.

To be a member of carolinacoopcu, you must obtain a membership from New Member Rates. $20 a year. But you only need to be a member once because once you are in carolinacoopcu, you are forever in.

To be a member of DCU, you must obtain a membership from Join | Reach Out for Schools for $10. You also must directly deposit your full income to their checking account.
Carolina just takes the money out of your checking account, you don’t have to deposit anything in it.

Reactions: Mr.Chipperson
To be a member of carolinacoopcu, you must obtain a membership from New Member Rates. $20 a year. But you only need to be a member once because once you are in carolinacoopcu, you are forever in.

To be a member of DCU, you must obtain a membership from Join | Reach Out for Schools for $10. You also must directly deposit your full income to their checking account.

Just to clarify, are you saying you must switch your direct deposit to them to get a loan?

Or are you mentioning that you must switch your direct deposit to them to get the additional 0.50% off of your loan? If the base loan is 1.99%, I'm not interested in switching banks, so I wouldn't qualify for the 0.50% off. However, an "energy efficient vehicle" discount is given, 0.25% off, for an interest rate of 1.74%. Though 1.24% is tempting, its such a hassle to change my direct deposit.

Auto Loans | DCU

Link included to direct anyone to their auto loan lending page.

Just to clarify, are you saying you must switch your direct deposit to them to get a loan?

Or are you mentioning that you must switch your direct deposit to them to get the additional 0.50% off of your loan? If the base loan is 1.99%, I'm not interested in switching banks, so I wouldn't qualify for the 0.50% off. However, an "energy efficient vehicle" discount is given, 0.25% off, for an interest rate of 1.74%. Though 1.24% is tempting, its such a hassle to change my direct deposit.

Auto Loans | DCU

Link included to direct anyone to their auto loan lending page.

You have to do the direct deposit to get the 1.99, if not, they add .50 to that number. Then of course since it's an EV, they can take .25 off that. So if no direct deposit, it'd be 2.24.

• Informative
1.99 seems like a great rate!

Just signed up for the North Carolina CC.

My scheduled delivery is 11/19-12/21 - does anyone know how far in advance I can set up financing with Carolina Coop?

NVM, just notice the rate lock column in the sheet. 30 days

Last edited:
1.99 seems like a great rate!

Just signed up for the North Carolina CC.

My scheduled delivery is 11/19-12/21 - does anyone know how far in advance I can set up financing with Carolina Coop?

NVM, just notice the rate lock column in the sheet. 30 days

What date did you finish configuration? Do you plan to setup financing after you receive the VIN since if you setup today your rate lock would expire by December? I'm trying to figure out when the best time is to setup financing.

Going to go with Navy Federal Credit Union as they give 2.29 and 125% LTV so it'll help with no downpayment

Sorry, noobie here. Could you or anyone explain how this finance workaround turned out with no down payment?
I went in Tesla for 2021 M3 LR AWD and the salesman told me that I have to put down payment $9900 ($4500 down payment + $5000 sales tax and registration fee in California). I would LOVE to know and understand how to roll all the cost into the loan with credit union. Your answer is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.