Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you guys determining your credit scores? What if you have other banks, etc? My BoFa shows 800 and Chase is 730? Sorry I'm a finance dummy

You technically have 3 different scores, one with each of the credit bureaus: Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. Not all of your credit accounts may be posted to all bureaus, which is why there may be a discrepancy. A lot of times the free scores you get with your bank or credit card / Credit Karma will only look at one of the credit scores, not all 3. I am not sure which bureau is queried by Tesla finance, it's probably dependent on the bank underwriting the loan. A lot of times with large loans (like car loans and mortgages) the bank will query all 3 scores, and take the median (middle) score. So if you have a 730, 770, and 800, the lender will use the 760 for determining your credit worthiness.

Reactions: c4Lvin
You technically have 3 different scores, one with each of the credit bureaus: Experian, Equifax, and Transunion. Not all of your credit accounts may be posted to all bureaus, which is why there may be a discrepancy. A lot of times the free scores you get with your bank or credit card / Credit Karma will only look at one of the credit scores, not all 3. I am not sure which bureau is queried by Tesla finance, it's probably dependent on the bank underwriting the loan. A lot of times with large loans (like car loans and mortgages) the bank will query all 3 scores, and take the median (middle) score. So if you have a 730, 770, and 800, the lender will use the 760 for determining your credit worthiness.
Thank you Brentx!

For those of you considering applying to CarolinaCoopCU, while they do need to send you the application, it is possible to have them send it FedEx, if you email them a FedEx label you provide. That way you can expedite the mail in both directions. I just did the FedEx Saver, which I hope will be a 2-day delivery. I am guessing USPS during this season would be 5-10 days.

For those that got loans through CarolinaCoopCU, how has the experience and service of loan been? I know they are busy lately due to their attractive rates but it was difficult gettting responses so concerned how it would be after committing to a loan. Thanks.

Got approved through website 2.49% @72. Sent email saying found a better rate elsewhere, they came back with 2.19% with BMO Harris. Never heard of that bank before, so went with Chase instead.

Does anybody has experience with BMO Harris?

Got approved through website 2.49% @72. Sent email saying found a better rate elsewhere, they came back with 2.19% with BMO Harris. Never heard of that bank before, so went with Chase instead.

Does anybody has experience with BMO Harris?

I got approved with the BMO Harris 2.19%. They beat my credit union so I went with them. Who cares what the bank is if they’re financing your purchase?

Reactions: imola.zhp
GUYS! Carolina Cooperative FCU appears to let you make your loan payment with select CREDIT CARDS. It looks like they only accept debit VISA (ugh, no Sapphire Reserve for this) and do NOT accept Amex (ugh, no platinum usage either). BUT, I just made my payment with a CITI MasterCard and I wasn’t not charged a processing or convenience fee! If this continues, it essentially means I can pay for my car with my credit card to earn miles, points, cash back! Hot damn I wish I had financed 100%, made a large payment on my first month, and considered that my down payment!

It also appears that they might accept Discover cards? I don’t actually have one to test... maybe someone else can.

My only MasterCard earns American Airlines miles... might look for something that earns cash back or better rewards but I would love if someone else could confirm if they’ve been doing monthly credit card funded payments without the credit union charging them a processing fee or being asked to stop using that method to pay.

Any update on this? If so, you could subtract your CC cashback rate from the interest rate for your total OOP interest payments.

Any update on this? If so, you could subtract your CC cashback rate from the interest rate for your total OOP interest payments.

It's not a card I normally use, so I haven't tried again.... but I did try buying some VISA debit card gift cards and see if those would work (I earn 5x at grocery stores which more than offsets the $6.95/card activation fee and a lot of times that fee is waived anyway as a promo). The debit did not work.

Hello! Looking to finance with Tesla. Do I have to go through financing by accepting the first offered rate when selecting financing to complete mg profile first ? I want to ask for a lower rate as I believe I qualify. Would I email first that Tesla offered a 2.49%/72mo or accept that rate prior to emailing their finance team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.