Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3 Battery Error Message BMS_A066

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ortho

Jul 31, 2021
NJ
Hello All,

I tried using the search button but I have not found any post regarding a conclusion to the error message BMS_A066. I recently got the message

BMS_a066 - Maximum charge level and range may be reduced -OK to drive - Schedule service soon​

Does anyone have any experience with this? I read it may be an issue with the HV battery. Does anyone know if this is covered under the 8-year, 100,000-mile warranty or only the 4-year, 50,000-mile warranty? I am currently at 53k miles and only 2 years of ownership.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hello All,

I tried using the search button but I have not found any post regarding a conclusion to the error message BMS_A066. I recently got the message

BMS_a066 - Maximum charge level and range may be reduced -OK to drive - Schedule service soon​

Does anyone have any experience with this? I read it may be an issue with the HV battery. Does anyone know if this is covered under the 8-year, 100,000-mile warranty or only the 4-year, 50,000-mile warranty? I am currently at 53k miles and only 2 years of ownership.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
The 8/100,000 battery/drive unit is still in effect for your car.

But note that the warranty is very narrow down to the battery itself. and there are other components that affect the battery error messages but not covered.