Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ HV battery replacement NMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought new SR+ in Sept 2021 with NMC battery. Almost exactly 2 years later with about 12k miles the error messages BMS_a066 and later BMS_a079 popped up. Scheduled service. Kept driving the car until about a week later when it wouldn't charge pass 20 percent. Waited until my service date arrived and dropped off the vehicle and picked up a loaner. Loaner had FSD so played around with that a few times - not ready for prime time. 3 weeks later got the car back. Everything seems back to normal. Have not charge it to 100% yet to determine the maximum range. Only charged to 70-80 percent so far. At 50% the SOC is about 132 miles so if that can be extrapolated to 100% it will back to original stated claim of about 260 miles on full charge when vehicle was new. With the original battery I didn't track the maximum range miles that closely but I think the max range at 100% was down to about 220-230 miles range before the BMS messages popped up. Again this is just from memory.

This is not LFP but NMC battery. When I picked up car 2 years ago Tesla was transitioning to LFP for the 3 SR+ but I decided to wait for the NMC battery instead. Not sure if that was the right call or not but it is what it is.

• Informative
Reactions: wildguess