Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3 seats arent [durable]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GoldCountryCA

M3LR wh/bl/18”
May 5, 2021
Cool, CA
Less than 500 miles here. Driver’s seat is already losing shape, creasing and looking less than stellar and I’m a normal sized (6’1” 205lb) person.
Anyone else disappointed with the Tesla seats? None of my other vehicles with far more use have this issue…

26k miles here, and I am 6'3 225, no issues at all here (2018 model 3p)
Yep, BIL has the same year as you and his seats still look good. In searching around, I think this is a problem with the 2021 seats. Softer foam or lesser materials or a combination thereof may be the contributors. Crappiest durability I’ve experienced of any seat. Hoping to get something done at the first service appointment. The list is growing from crackling driver side pillar speakers (even with volume off) to a truck that fails to close. I may be without the car for a couple days.

60K on our 2017, and the front passenger seat cushion has separated from the trim panel with the controls, so looking down you see the back side of the switches. Happened with a "pop" sound, so I'm hoping this is just a matter of reseating (pun!) the panel.