Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 2024 - ECU reboot loop upon camera calibration attempts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, so I've got this issue on my Model 3 Highland 2024 with 3000Kms (software v2024.14.9) where when I drive my cameras go black for a few seconds and then come back. There doesn't seem to be a pattern for frequency. Down bellow is the root of the issue and the steps taken to debug/fix the issue (to no avail as of now).

THE ACTUAL ISSUE:

Long story short ,after a LOT of debugging here's what I found in the Service Mode:

The issue and debugging steps:

It seems to be an issue with the ECU rebooting and trying to recalibrate the cameras which ultimately fails and causes the Primary ECU to reboot and loop over this forever.

r/TeslaLounge - Tesla Model 3 2024 - ECU reboot loop upon camera calibration attempts

Steps taken to fix:

1. Soft reset - by clicking both buttons on the steering wheel and brake pedal (4x) - [did not fix issue]
  2. Shutdown through UI - navigating through to the big SHUTDOWN button and waited 5 mins inside before pressing the brake to power the car back on (done 2x) - [did not fix issue].
  3. SERVICE MODE:
    1. Cameras - Ping DAS - Successful Ping (x3) - [did not fix issue].
    2. Cameras - Reset DAS - Successful Reset (x1) - [did not fix issue].
    3. Cameras - Clear Camera Calibration - Unsuccessful! - Fails this step with some errors I did get a photo of (yes I am aware these errors might be extremely useful to debug, I'll update this later).
Steps NOT yet taken to fix:

1. Full Software Reinstall - it says it should only be done after having replaced computers like the ECU etc so I'll wait for Tesla's response to a ticket I've got open before trying this.
  2. Full Factory Reset - I really can't be bothered to redo everything I've got setup, like Wifi seats position etc (I've also got 3 other people that use the car so they'll have to do the same which is annoying). I'll do it if the Tesla techs recommend it. I honestly think this may be the answer since (fingers crossed) it looks to be a software feedback loop causing the ECU to reboot and not an actual hardware issue (also a possibility but as a Developer myself this seems to be low on the possibilities list due to the low mileage of the car and overall care).
Additional remarks:

1. Battery is healthy, I've checked EVERY single SERVICE MODE menu besides the Driver Assist one looking for weird behaviour but no luck. Both LV and HV batteries seem fine, LV having around 18v of charge and no weird outputs, same for the HV.
Conclusion

Wtf???

Any ideas guys?

Please be kind I just want to drive my cool car without stressing over this anymore and came here for your help as a community.

I am aware there's still things I've not tried (as I've pointed a few out) so any recommendation is welcome, thank you!

For such a new car why are you bothering to do anything other than raise a service request? I for one surely won’t go in service mode and reset anything
I live on an island with no possible way to get it into a service centre, not even a mobile tesla tech. I'll need to ship the car in a container to the mainland to get it looked at so you can imagine how much I'd like to avoid this especially since it's like 1000 euros overall just for transport

• Informative
Reactions: Technokrat
UPDATE:

There was a software update which I installed v2024.12.1 and it caused my autopilot calibration to be redone (the little wheel with a blue loading border as it progresses).
1718178850997.png

It is now stuck at what seems to be 99% and everything is even worse now, GPS, Nav, Cameras etc. All with errors and bugs. Even stayed on the highway for 1h to see if it would finish the calibration. No luck.

I'll check the Service Mode today for new info and errors.

Cameras calibrate fastest when on a multi lane well marked highway. Last time I did it, it was a 2 step process. First, basic calibration for lane centering took place. The FSD calibration took longer to complete and there the multi lane highway finished up calibration within 10 miles.