Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Announcement: $35k Model 3 Available, some price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR RWD has gone from $49,000 since I purchased it in August to $43,000. Even with the extra $3750 tax credit, it’s $2,250 cheaper than what I paid for it.

The price of early adaptation I guess!

People out there getting this car for $35k are getting a steal.

And how much have you saved in gas? I'm going to guess at least $700 ($100 month x 7 months ownership)

So now your car is only $1,550 more (but you got your car 7 months sooner...)

• Disagree
Reactions: Garlan Garner
So, I have to arrange a loan, complete the transaction, and then return the car if I don't like the way it suits me? And then go through all the trouble to get the money back and pay off the loan I just got?

I can't believe they are serious about this.

Website even says you can rent one for a roadtrip this way, if you wanted. What on earth.

You can get the loan direct from Tesla so it is hassle free.

I can't imagine they'll take anything away without a refund.
The reason I think they will need to issue refunds is this might be a limitation of EAP2.5 hardware.

No Elon just confirmed on twitter you get to keep what your bought!

I don't see that anywhere.

N/M found it under model 3 owners club

Sounds like there is EAP, and EAP+

upload_2019-2-28_15-30-22.png

Last edited:
You can probably still ask for the 5K refund if you really want. The price just dropped $2K.
haha i know right. FFS guys.. it's $2,000. Possibly less considering how much you've saved on gas, plus the fact that you've had the damn car for 6 months. So your "early adopter fee" is approximately $2,000.....

But here's the kicker. ALL OF US AGREED THAT THE PRICE WAS WORTH THEIR ASKING PRICE. We all signed on the dotted line saying to ourselves "yup. This product is worth this price. I am going to buy this product".