Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Mid Range Production Now Underway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The newest version of the Model 3 is now in production.

First VINs (Vehicle Identification Numbers) have started to come in for the Model 3 Mid Range aka Model 3 MR. VINs are assigned to cars after the car enters production.  First deliveries are expected next week. The Model 3 Mid Range was nicknamed ‘Lemur’ after Elon’s tweet a couple of weeks ago when he unexpectedly announced this new trim level in a cryptic way.

1.gif
The screenshot is from the Teslike Model 3 Order Tracker. You can use the Google form here to add your data if you have configured a Model 3.

Based on my latest calculation, I estimate that the Model 3 MR battery pack has 3,648 cells compared to 4,416 for LR and 2,976 for SR. Tesla seems to slightly under-advertise Model 3 battery capacities.

2-1.gif
In terms of gross margins, after the latest price adjustments, the Model 3 MR has only 1.5% worse gross margins than the LR. Here are the details of my calculation:

If the 3,648 cell count estimate is accurate, the range of the Model 3 MR with the 18″ wheels and aero covers is expected to be more than the 2014 Model S 85 and 2018 Model S 75D and same as the 2016 Model S 90D. Interestingly, it is also more than the Model 3 LR AWD with 19″ wheels or the Model 3 Performance with 20″ wheels.

miles-26-oct-2018.gif
Source: Teslike.com

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those 5's are just a masking bit. If you dont give the full vin in the tracking sheet, it inserts 5's. No duplicate

I hope you're right but I don't think so. Please see here, he's confirming that's his actual VIN with 555
Mid Range waiting room

That said, there's now another MR on the tracker that has a delivery date of Nov 15 in South Carolina (east coast), so it seems that things are progressing :D

I hope you're right but I don't think so. Please see here, he's confirming that's his actual VIN with 555
Mid Range waiting room

That said, there's now another MR on the tracker that has a delivery date of Nov 15 in South Carolina (east coast), so it seems that things are progressing :D

Nov 15th would make it 4 weeks to get to the East coast. I really hope that's correct... Tesla also just sent an email out saying to order soon to guarantee delivery by the end of the year so I think for us who have ordered in the past 2 weeks, we're good.

Received this marketing email from Tesla yesterday:

We recently introduced a more affordable Model 3 Mid Range Battery option for $34,200 after federal tax credit and gas savings.*

As a reminder, the full Federal Tax Credit of $7,500 ends after December 31, 2018.

Current delivery timelines are 4 weeks for the west coast, 6 weeks for central and 8 weeks for the east coast. For delivery under 4 weeks, you can pick up your car directly from our Fremont factory.

Order your Model 3 at https://tesla.com/3.