Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Roof shades.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the link
Hey guys, so I was browsing through amazon and I found these really cool shades for roof. They are 30 dollars. It comes with shades and reflectors and they're about 20 dollars off rn and another 10 percent off.(normally 50) I had ordered a similar one and liked it and if you're ou guys live in a place that's hot then this is a must have. Just wanted to post this so that people see that there is more options than the hem Tesla one, and I like this better cause it also has the total sun block, not just a shade. Also I don't belong to their company, I just wanted to share this with you guys.
61uTkGzZ0-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

no offense, this post sounds like an ad
I have tints on my car so no need for these
oof, I realize that now, not what I was trying to go for. its just that I bought a different set of shades that didn't have the reflector and they were more expensive than this one, so I just wished I saw this earlier. If you don't mind me asking what tint level did you use and how much did it cost cause I'm thinking about getting it on my roof cause I miss the views lol.

Here is the link
Hey guys, so I was browsing through amazon and I found these really cool shades for roof. They are 30 dollars. It comes with shades and reflectors and they're about 20 dollars off rn and another 10 percent off.(normally 50) I had ordered a similar one and liked it and if you're ou guys live in a place that's hot then this is a must have. Just wanted to post this so that people see that there is more options than the hem Tesla one, and I like this better cause it also has the total sun block, not just a shade. Also I don't belong to their company, I just wanted to share this with you guys.
Do they block enough light to where you can sleep in the car? Planning to go car camping in my model 3 and want something to block more light than the hem tint and to where people can't just look into the car. Also, does anyone know of any good window shades, or should I just use a jacket hanging on the coat hanger?

Here is the link
Those are actually quite nice and easy to install, just wished it covered the rear glass all the way down.

I tried the pricey EVANNEX and did not like it at all. They are cut to big, the suction cups get hard after a while and don't work that well. They are also kinda bulky and a pain to put away.

Still on the hunt for the perfect shade.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
The Tesla ones from what I can see are just shade not full cover and don't think it covers the rear window completely.
I think those you can leave on while driving. My car sits in a parking lot exposed and I want total darkness inside or as close to it as I can get.

Tesla's shades are 2 piece front and rear for the 3, do NOT cover all the way to trunk. They leave the rear view open. Not an issue IMHO. They snapped in in seconds, and haven't fallen or come adrift. We had some 100+ days here, JFTHOI I put some alum foil between screen and glass. From above, The Good Ship Venus and The Blue Bunny looked like mobile homes, but it was wayyy cooler. I missed the view, but it was only a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
I have the Tesla brand sun shades. Yes, a little overpriced but they do fit perfectly, they're very easy to put in, and they provide decent relief from the blazing sun.
Yes they do for driving. Does little when sitting in a sunny parking lot and it’s 90 outside. Trying to find one that blocks all of the glass completely like my front window one does. Not half of the back window letting light in thru a screen.

Do they block enough light to where you can sleep in the car? Planning to go car camping in my model 3 and want something to block more light than the hem tint and to where people can't just look into the car. Also, does anyone know of any good window shades, or should I just use a jacket hanging on the coat hanger?
yah it blocks the light, honestly even the shade by its self would be fine for sleeping in your car. Also, if you dont want to spend money on a Windows shade, just throw a towel or something over the windows or get the evvanex one. They're kinda pricey though. but seems like they're worth it.

Yes they do for driving. Does little when sitting in a sunny parking lot and it’s 90 outside. Trying to find one that blocks all of the glass completely like my front window one does. Not half of the back window letting light in thru a screen.
The ones posted by OP has a grey layer that you can put on which makes it a blackout cover. I had it on over the screen for a while but then removed it to let some light in but it's good to keep on if you want it to not let sunlight through. For the lower part of the rear windshield, I used perferated vinyl like the ones you see on work vans. This is a better choice than tinting it as most tints will bubble over time due to the heating elements on the rear windshield.

• Informative