Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 test drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the responses. I've been to the local showroom. They told me that Tesla don't do test drive anymore in the Northeast region of the US. I've also tried Turo and Herz. They don't have the car unfortunately. I did found a Model S at a local dealership and could schedule for a test drive. Since Model S and Model 3 share some similarities, I was wondering if test driving a Model S will help me decide if I will like Model 3 or not.

Thanks for the responses. I've been to the local showroom. They told me that Tesla don't do test drive anymore in the Northeast region of the US. I've also tried Turo and Herz. They don't have the car unfortunately. I did found a Model S at a local dealership and could schedule for a test drive. Since Model S and Model 3 share some similarities, I was wondering if test driving a Model S will help me decide if I will like Model 3 or not.
Seems you want a bunch of anonymous strangers to make a decision for you that only you can make….

If you've never driven an EV, driving a Model S will help you decide if an EV is for you. But the S and the 3 are very different cars - it's like asking if driving an Audi A8 will help you decide if you'll like the A3 or not. (caveat: I am a mere armchair expert and have never driven a 3 or a Y. I've always had a thing for quick luxo-barges, which is why I bought an S)

Can you go test-drive this one? Doesn't look too far away. Or this one, if the seller is amenable. Expand your search radius a bit and I'm sure you'll find one you can test-drive.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Check the regional forums and make a post to see if you can meet up with another M3 owner in your area (im sure there are many). I am in Maryland and I have a model Y otherwise I would show it to you.

Only other option is to rent one on Turo. They rent around here for between $100 and $140 a day.

If you've never driven an EV, driving a Model S will help you decide if an EV is for you. But the S and the 3 are very different cars - it's like asking if driving an Audi A8 will help you decide if you'll like the A3 or not. (caveat: I am a mere armchair expert and have never driven a 3 or a Y. I've always had a thing for quick luxo-barges, which is why I bought an S)

Can you go test-drive this one? Doesn't look too far away. Or this one, if the seller is amenable. Expand your search radius a bit and I'm sure you'll find one you can test-drive.
Thank you!