Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model s rear suspension leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, bought a used one from a 2016 for 400$ Canadian including shipping. Will have it in one or two days. Arnott was 962$ so almost the same price as Tesla's. Funny how if I bought 120 new compressors, I'd have paid as much as a new 2023 Tesla Canadian pricing for an S ! Will keep you all posted. Thanks once more for taking time to share your expertise with me. Have a wonderful day!
Cool. Keep us posted.

As for the louvres, I’ve never had that issue nor replaced them so it all depends on what the problem really is. The motors themselves or the sensors or a physical obstruction preventing them from opening.

Ok, got the used compressor.. It's a Wabco from a 2016 I think. Three month warranty. I tried to remove the Continental but the 3 bolts won't come out. There appears to be a nut at the bottom or the threads are rusted and the bolt spins on itself. When you removed yours, did you have a nut under the bright metal part(which I highlighted in yellow)? If so, what tool did you use as there is almost no space to get under there. Thanks

Attachments

• eas_photo_17.jpg
    eas_photo_17.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 100
  • eas_photo_18.jpg
    eas_photo_18.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 67
Yep, if you don’t Jack the car up and remove the undertray, it’s a PITA to remove those three bolts. You need to use an open ended wrench and feel your way under to counter hold while you losses the top bolt. Def need a magnetic retrieval tool to make life easier. The three bolts are long and hold the anti-vibration springs in place to protect the compressor. The front two aren’t too bad to remove and install. The single one on the left side is a royal PITA due to even tighter clearances. I had to loosen a couple surrounding brackets IIRC.

Ok, did not expect that. In any case, it appears, as per the next photo I just took of the part I got, that Tesla noticed that issue with the third bolt as there is now two at least in the Wabco part I got today. It might not fit or two bolts are enough now, I don't know. The recycler that sold me the part said that in the application he validated the part that they are all compatible from 2012 to 2020 so I don't know what to think. I do not want to remove this one and this part I got not fitting. I've kept using the car eventhough the real left part of the car almost touches the ground. If I need to, I could get another used part and return this one, or get a new one.

Attachments

• eas_photo_20.jpg
    eas_photo_20.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 66
  • eas_photo_19.jpg
    eas_photo_19.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 62
I found a more expensive one (525$) from a 2015 that looks like the Continental I have. However, I put an arrow pointing to the small red and small black air lines that appear to be going in where I have my purple air line. That is weird. I would not want to purchase another one that would not fit.

Attachments

• eas_photo_9.jpg
    eas_photo_9.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 50
  • eas_photo_22.jpg
    eas_photo_22.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 48
  • eas_photo_11.jpg
    eas_photo_11.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 54
I found a more expensive one (525$) from a 2015 that looks like the Continental I have. However, I put an arrow pointing to the small red and small black air lines that appear to be going in where I have my purple air line. That is weird. I would not want to purchase another one that would not fit.
It’s just a bad angle for the pic. That’s just the power/gnd connector. Here’s a front angle shot of my compressor.

Attachments

• IMG_7233.jpeg
    IMG_7233.jpeg
    433.1 KB · Views: 58
Well, I think I'll go Arnott, yé :)

I had dialed to reach the seller for the used Continental but just as the phone connection was to be made I hung up and decided to give Arnott another try with other suppliers than the one that quoted me almost a 1000$. So another one quoted me 769$ and Roch Auto has it for 569 including lifetime warranty. I'll take that. Should be here middle of next week. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

• 1456-Arnott_Inc_Warranty.pdf
    90.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1456-More Information for ARNOTT P3283.pdf
    274.6 KB · Views: 59
Part got in early. I do not want to break the air intake connector. How is it removed?

Attachments

• 0D87BDC9-84BF-4965-8F9C-C1C4C723C672.jpeg
    0D87BDC9-84BF-4965-8F9C-C1C4C723C672.jpeg
    752.3 KB · Views: 50
  • AADBF087-4D14-445A-9B3C-6C4E10F29E9E.jpeg
    AADBF087-4D14-445A-9B3C-6C4E10F29E9E.jpeg
    760.2 KB · Views: 50
Part got in early. I do not want to break the air intake connector. How is it removed?
Just carefully turn and pull at the same time (After moving the pinch collar naturally). Def don’t put too much side-to-side wiggle pressure to reduce chances of snapping the plastic nozzle. As for the air lines themselves, you remove the old Voss connector and collar from each line. The replacement compressor has new ones installed already. Remove the plastic shipping plugs and firmly insert the line, pulling back after doing so to allow the collar to grab/lock.

Oops, I take that back. The elbow connection that connects to the air intake tube just pulls straight out. You don’t disconnect the tube via the clamp. The elbow fitting is compression fit. So takes some force to remove, but again, pull straight out as much as possible and avoid side to side so as to not snap it off at the joint.

Attachments

• IMG_7991.jpeg
    IMG_7991.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 53
all is good. The compressor was indeed bad. the car is back to normal. I cannot thank you enough to have insisted that it is not that complicated. Now I could do it in about three hours including setting up the jacks and getting the tools. The car now drives amazing as the front is no more pointing at the stars. May god bless you.

Reactions: Gtech and Doanster1
all is good. The compressor was indeed bad. the car is back to normal. I cannot thank you enough to have insisted that it is not that complicated. Now I could do it in about three hours including setting up the jacks and getting the tools. The car now drives amazing as the front is no more pointing at the stars. May god bless you.
Awesome to hear!!! Feels good doesn’t it to fix it yourself?!?