Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA MODEL Y PERFORMANCE WINTER OPTIONS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,
I ordered a Telsa MYP and the website does not offer any winter wheel/tire options, so I called Tesla, and they said that the performance has a staggered set of tires and is a performance car so they don't offer any support for this.

Should I change my order to a dual motor only? (Non-performance)? Are there any solutions?

Hi Everyone,
I ordered a Telsa MYP and the website does not offer any winter wheel/tire options, so I called Tesla, and they said that the performance has a staggered set of tires and is a performance car so they don't offer any support for this.

Should I change my order to a dual motor only? (Non-performance)? Are there any solutions?
You could change sure but you'd lose out in different ways. A LR takes 6 months vs two for a MYP. You'd be in the same boat anyways with wheels/tires in that you'd still want a secondary set for winters. Thus I would keep the MYP order and budget for a second set of wheels and winter tires. For that setup I'd go with 19in diameter wheels and whatever snow tires to match. There are many winter tire threads too so check them out.

Hi Everyone,

If you're willing to wait 6~8 months for the LR and the extra performance isn't a must have, you could switch to the LR.

I decided that I must have the P, so when I ordered it I basically committed myself to getting a set of winter wheels given that I live in Minnesota. I went with a 19" set from TSportsline with Michelin X-Ice tires. Just switched them on last week and looking forward to seeing how they perform in the winter months.

Reactions: GadgetGary
I just got a Performance model and saw this on the Tesla website that the 20" winter tire/rim package....This package is not compatible with Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with 21" Performance Wheels.

I understand it has to do with the the brake alignment. I'm trying to figure out how to solve this problem with a new set of tires/rims. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

I just got a Performance model and saw this on the Tesla website that the 20" winter tire/rim package....This package is not compatible with Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with 21" Performance Wheels.

I understand it has to do with the the brake alignment. I'm trying to figure out how to solve this problem with a new set of tires/rims. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.
Performance Model Y owners have shown that the 19" Gemini wheels and the 20" Induction wheels will fit the front and rear of the Performance Model Y. Tesla does not state why the 19" Gemini and 20" Induction wheel/winter tire packages are not compatible with the Performance Model Y. The answer may be that the top speed of the Performance Model Y (155 MPH) exceeds the speed rating of V (149 MPH) of the Pirelli Sottozero 3 tires that are part of this package.

Performance Model Y owners have shown that the 19" Gemini wheels and the 20" Induction wheels will fit the front and rear of the Performance Model Y. Tesla does not state why the 19" Gemini and 20" Induction wheel/winter tire packages are not compatible with the Performance Model Y. The answer may be that the top speed of the Performance Model Y (155 MPH) exceeds the speed rating of V (149 MPH) of the Pirelli Sottozero 3 tires that are part of this package.
Thanks for this. I will just order a set of 20" induction wheels/winter package.