Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Service Experience - San Diego Miramar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent resolution to my issues noted since June 3, 2020 Model Y LR AWD service experience. Issues below resolved:

1. Front passenger-side bumper/side panel significantly sticks out

2. Driver side rear door has loud snap/crack when close door, most noticeable when inside

3. Rear lights not flush both sides

4. Passenger-side rear seat not aligned with driver-side rear seat (known problem and fixed recently by Tesla) (service caused cracked in C Pillar Upper Trim Assy - to be replaced via mobile service when part available)

5. License plate in rear not aligned horizontal

6. Steering wheel offset right when car wheels facing straight

7. Side doors not flush with body

Sounds good, going there next Wednesday. Middle rear seat does not fold by itself.
It folds fine. The issue I had is: the passenger-side rear seat top sits higher than the driver-side rear seat top when seats are set to the same recline or no recline adjustments. After I got home from the service, I determined that the issue isn't really fixed, their response is "We did preform the adjustments needed. I compared them to other model Ys and passenger seat will sit just a tad bit higher than the rest." Don't quite understand this...

I can only speak for myself. I took delivery on a Y performance March 20th. Since I never really looked it over really closely I didn't notice the condensation in my left trunk light light assembly. After visiting a car wash, I noticed it while I was wiping the last few drops of water off.

After several futile attempts at calling for service I finally tapped the service button on the Tesla app on my cell phone and described the problem. I expected to be told to drive to a Tesla service center. Much to my surprise they said a service person would be available to come to my house that Friday. On Wednesday they said they could come a day earlier if I was available. Unfortunately I wouldn't be home that day so I left it on Friday with a window of 0830 to 1030.

At 0915 tech called and said he's be there in 15 minutes and to have the car accessible for a "Toucheless" service. Service tech showed up and completed the fix in less than 30 minutes. He also checked the tire pressure and adjusted the trunk lid.

This is, without a doubt, the best automobile service experience I've ever had. I'm accustomed to sitting in a waiting room at the service department of a dealer for hours, sometimes even for a minor service or fix.