Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla MY Performance Tahoe Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 2022 Tesla MY Performance with the 21’’ Überturbine Wheels, which are the only selection in the configurator currently.
They came with these Pirelli tires.
On the Pirelli website it obviously says those are summer tires, which is fine because I live in the Bay Area and drive 98% on dry, non-icy roads.
However occasionally we drive to Tahoe for a day or a weekend and I wanted to prepare for it.

I know I could get all-season or winter tires, but we don't go often enough that the hassle of changing tires and storing them is worth it.

I did some research and found these König snow chains on the Tesla website for the 21" wheels. I see on the pictures there that it's the same tires Pirelli P Zero 255/35R21 tires that came with my vehicle. So they took the product pictures of snow chains on summer tires.
Now I figured it's still probably not the best thing to drive in snow on summer tires, but if Tesla is already offering these snow chains for my specific tires in their shop, it's probably okay to spend a day or two in snow with these chains in the trunk and only put them on when needed. Is that assumption right?