Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla MYLR Reservation Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Options on my Tesla Reservation?

My first post so sorry if in wrong place or not allowed. So my delivery date is now closer set to July 24 to August 13 2022. With the whole economic downturn we are in, car loan rates have doubled from what they were last year when I put in my order. I’ve been going back-and-forth in regards to keeping the tesla reservation or not, I just recently paid off my car too and it’s perfectly fine to drive. I can afford the monthly and insurance but with this whole economy, my cash can be better spent or saved.

What are my options aside from just forfeiting my reservation and losing the $250 down? Is there a thing like selling off your reservation and changing the information to the new owner? Or I was even thinking just paying cash for the car outright and then flipping it ASAP, it’s brand new!

Any advice appreciated! TIA

You can sell the car or the reservation for a profit. There’s huge demand for this car, especially with the year-long lead time. I would check out several For Sale threads to gauge how much you can charge. There’s also a whole sticky thread on transferring reservations. I’ve done one myself.