Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla needs to introduce a quicker "Ownership Transfer" process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes 7 or more days to process a Tesla ownership transfer when buying a Tesla from a private party. I would like to see a different process where you can transfer ownership of the car, and thus the app, in real time. I just purchased my 3rd one and am waiting on the title to be mailed from the credit union where I paid off the lien and do not have app access. AZ is too hot to not have the ability to turn on AC from day 1 ;) Thoughts?

• Helpful
Reactions: DanCar and croman
It takes 7 or more days to process a Tesla ownership transfer when buying a Tesla from a private party. I would like to see a different process where you can transfer ownership of the car, and thus the app, in real time. I just purchased my 3rd one and am waiting on the title to be mailed from the credit union where I paid off the lien and do not have app access. AZ is too hot to not have the ability to turn on AC from day 1 ;) Thoughts?
Your experience is interesting. When I bought my 2014 Model S from a private party it took tesla less than a hour to do the ownership transfer.

I had a similar problem, also with a credit union, but since the original owner had no other Tesla vehicles, he was comfortable relinquishing his account credentials to me. I loaded the app and logged in with his credentials and changed the password. Problem worked around in 10 minutes.