Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Network disconnected as vin assignment nears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our delivery date is now 6/6-6/17. But I installed and connected a Tesla Wall Connector several weeks ago. Until yesterday I had internet connection on both my home WiFi and the TeslaWallConnector. Now it seems I must choose either my home wifi network or the TeslaWallConnector network. Why has this connectivity changed? Did Tesla's IT people do it? Does it have something to do with coming VIN assignment? Will I always have to manually choose between networks?

Our delivery date is now 6/6-6/17. But I installed and connected a Tesla Wall Connector several weeks ago. Until yesterday I had internet connection on both my home WiFi and the TeslaWallConnector. Now it seems I must choose either my home wifi network or the TeslaWallConnector network. Why has this connectivity changed? Did Tesla's IT people do it? Does it have something to do with coming VIN assignment? Will I always have to manually choose between networks?
Sounds like its in configuration mode again if its broadcasting its network again. Maybe from a firmware update that had an issue.
If it stays broadcasting for longer than 15 minutes then something is amiss.
What do you see when you login to it?

Sounds like its in configuration mode again if its broadcasting its network again. Maybe from a firmware update that had an issue.
If it stays broadcasting for longer than 15 minutes then something is amiss.
What do you see when you login to it?
Thank you for reaching out. I spent a couple more hours on this problem this am because the Wallconnector network kept bumping us off the house wi-fi. I redownloaded the commissioning instruction from the manual and started over. Their was never any problem connecting with the SSID (blinking green). Getting the IP address to open took several minutes. Then when it finally opened it took a few minutes more to display all the settings. And after I completed all the setting boxes nothing happened. So I just gave up and had lunch with the Wall Connector blinking green all the while. After lunch I looked out in the garage and, surprise! It was solid green. I then checked the iphone settings for Wi-fi status and surprise again, it had returned to the house network!

Moral to the story for me is: 1) always stay on the WallConnector network, even while looking and waiting for the IP address setting boxes 2) just wait again for the settings to "take," the flashing green to turn steady and your phone to revert to your normal wi-fi network.