Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla never answers the phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frustrating that they never' answer the phone 888-518-3752.

They always say to leave a message but never call me back. They need to hire more people.
True. It is the sane for sales people at dealerships and for the service department. The most success I have had in contacting a tech is by making an appointment which will ultimately be cancelled when there no real need for service. I use this method sparingly to get answers to questions and to make legit service appointments. The techs are supper nice and respond quickly.

If you want to use this me this method I suggest you use it sparingly as the techs are busy and you don't want to abuse them time.

Tesla has ZERO customer service skills, we have politely called and emailed EVERY number and email known to the public. Never once have we reached anyone anywhere at Tesla.
You're supposed to use the app to contact them. Just setup a service appointment, and put in your question/comments in there. They will respond back and you should be able to have a online conversation. They are moving away from phone call communication... However, you can also go to a service center and chat with them there if they are not busy with customer drop off and pick up.

Reactions: Ormond
In theory the app works for communication. In reality I only seen to get 1 or 2 replies a day and usually 10+ Hours later.

I remember when buying my car I just wanted someone to talk to about what’s happening. I think sometimes supply side efficiency is viewed as more important than satisfied customers

Because of a letter I received on the frunk latch recall I made an appointment through the app to have a ranger check it. The appointment I made through the app came and went without them showing up. Now the only possible appointment is to bring it to a service center 90 miles away, although I'm sure there are ranger(s) that live close by me. I didn't know how to contact them about the missed appointment and there are no options in their expert system app that are applicable. The app is so convenient ... for Tesla.