Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla OEM All Weather Mats vs Weathertech Mats for 2023 MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for all weather mats for our newly acquired 2023 Model Y. The Tesla branded mats go for $225 and I am reading tidbits on this site the OEM mats are made by Weathertech. And Weathertech is also selling all season mats for $199.

Question is which ones are better? Do they look and feel the same or is there a difference?

In addition, Tesmanian is offering a decent price for MY floor liners as well. Let's add Tesmanian to the mix.

OEM vs Weathertech vs Tesmanian. All weather floor liners.
I purchased the first and second row set as well as the rear cargo set from Tesla. Additionally, I have ordered the Tesmanian, but have not received them yet. I do not like the cargo mat from Tesla, because there is no cut or indent to open the rear bottom storage area. The first and second row seat sets seem fine although I think the driver side Mat is a little short.

OEM Mats are made by Weathertech, if you live in a winter climate I'd suggest the Tuxmat, I bought the OEM and Tuxmat and another set from Amazon, ended up keeping the Tuxmat as the edges go way up and it protects the carpets better.

Reactions: samori01
I am looking for all weather mats for our newly acquired 2023 Model Y. The Tesla branded mats go for $225 and I am reading tidbits on this site the OEM mats are made by Weathertech. And Weathertech is also selling all season mats for $199.

Question is which ones are better? Do they look and feel the same or is there a difference?

I went with the Weathertech mats for the front and back seats and the OEM for the trunk and have been very happy with them. The Weathertech logo peels right off.

I ordered Tesmanian mats full set on 01/13 and they were supposed to be backordered until 01/15. Today is 01/23 and there is still no word on when they will ship. I have emailed them twice and got no response. Anyone else in similar shoes? Is there any way to contact them? The website has no phone no.

I ordered Tesmanian mats full set on 01/13 and they were supposed to be backordered until 01/15. Today is 01/23 and there is still no word on when they will ship. I have emailed them twice and got no response. Anyone else in similar shoes? Is there any way to contact them? The website has no phone no.
I purchased them 1/10 and they just shipped today. You can email [email protected] but I only got a reply in 1 of 5 emails I sent trying to return a "glass" screen protector that's obviously cheap plastic junk. Haven't found a phone number or human to contact either.

I responded and one of the mats are on back order, but they can ship separately.

We bought the floor mats and cargo mats from Tesla, but don't have the car yet so can't comment on fitment or anything!

Those Tuxmats look pretty cool though. I didn't think about an indent or perforation so you can lift part of the floor up to access the sub trunk - can any Tuxmat owners comment on your experience with that? I may end up returning the Tesla mats if I'm going to have a hard time accessing the sub trunk with them installed.

+1 for the TuxMats. I installed on Saturday. I still have to get the cargo mats though. Next pay check perhaps.
I have Tuxmats all-around but I do not like the fitment of their cargo mat. The coverage is almost too good in that the cut front to back is too long and it regularly shifts just enough to keep the hatch from closing. It also is not "grippy" enough on the top surface to prevent cargo from sliding around.

I tried the Tesla carpeted mat and that too is too slippery on the surface though the fitment is perfect and it makes it super easy to access the under trunks. I ordered a Tesmanian mat that I'll be installing tomorrow. Hoping it works for me.

We bought the floor mats and cargo mats from Tesla, but don't have the car yet so can't comment on fitment or anything!

Those Tuxmats look pretty cool though. I didn't think about an indent or perforation so you can lift part of the floor up to access the sub trunk - can any Tuxmat owners comment on your experience with that? I may end up returning the Tesla mats if I'm going to have a hard time accessing the sub trunk with them installed.
With Tuxmats, accessing the sub trunks can be done but it is a hassle. Tuxmats' best attribute is their extensive coverage but it does make it more challenging to access the sub trunks plus in my instance, poor fitment causes the hatch to not close at times.