Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Trunk/Frunk Group Buy (3/S/X)

please vote below(you can select 2 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else with the frunk had a failure to open once in a while? 3 times now I've hit quick open button on my phone but it's like the teslaoffer control unit isn't on. It just pops the frunk like normal and I have to open it myself.

It's happened 3 times when the car was sitting for extended periods and I returned.

Has anyone else with the frunk had a failure to open once in a while? 3 times now I've hit quick open button on my phone but it's like the teslaoffer control unit isn't on. It just pops the frunk like normal and I have to open it myself.

It's happened 3 times when the car was sitting for extended periods and I returned.
Have not had any problem like that with either of my MXs. Only occasional odd thing is it will slow down when closing for the last five inches every now and then. I'd contact Raymond.

I had frunk open long enough for car to to go sleep. Frunk would not close via app,etc.
Raymond says this is a known problem & they are working on it. He said manually close it once
& it will work again.

Regarding the push button. Yes, that is correct, I knew that would turn many off, but here is my thinking. No one knows it is there, unless I show them. I don't store valuables there. I was able to chose the location for drilling a hole for the button (behind the front T). I also considered hitting a bird and the dead bird might push the button and my hood fly open. I love it, like you, I wish it would only activate when I have the key fob but I did it anyway. Something you must consider before installing. It works for our lifestyle. Hope this helps...
Would you mind elaborating on this? I’m trying to, but can’t quite envision this. Where and how large is the button? PM is fine if you don’t want to publicly share. Thanks!

I am having a strange problem where my frunk randomly doesn't open once in a while though. It unlatches but the lifts don't pick it up. It's always after a long sleep so I think my control unit is forgetting it's last position when it wakes maybe. I just sent them a message on WhatsApp asking if they have any idea whats going on.

No. I was talking about the quick shortcut on the phone to open. You just drag down on the top of your phone and tap frunk instead of going to the app. It works within bluetooth range.
Thanks, sometimes it's good when referring to a phone to describe whether it's an iPhone or an Android, because with an Android phone you can only access controls by opening the app. I used an iPhone for a couple weeks a few years ago, so I'm completely ignorant regarding iOS.

Thanks, sometimes it's good when referring to a phone to describe whether it's an iPhone or an Android, because with an Android phone you can only access controls by opening the app. I used an iPhone for a couple weeks a few years ago, so I'm completely ignorant regarding iOS.
On Android you can use Google Routines/EV Car and open/close power trunk/frunk by voice command.

You seem somewhat ignorant regarding android too. On android you can open the trunk from the persistent "phone key status" notification in the notification drawer.

In my screenshot the circle buttons at the top are from another app(called Tesla Quick Settings), but the notification is from the official tesla app and it has buttons for both front trunk and rear trunk.

Screenshot_20201202-222756.png

Reactions: P3dStealth
Status
Not open for further replies.