Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for input from Calgary owners who have been driving with the 21" wheels, has anyone had any issues with them and our streets? Reading some of the various posts from owners about damaged wheels or tires due to pot holes in other threads on TMC makes we wonder if they are a risk for a daily driver. Any thoughts or input is appreciated.
I don't think Calgary is better or worse than other Alberta cities when it comes to potholes but the 21 inch tires and wheels are not as durable as the 19 inch. I switched after 1 bent and 1 cracked rim and 2 tires with sidewall bulges.
No issues with the 19 inch so far and a somewhat quieter and smoother ride. I might put the 21" set back on this summer after the potholes are fixed

Last edited:
For Waldo fans who have enjoyed the "Canmore #2" video posted by FootBag and want their own UAV....

There is a new Kickstarter campaign initiated by a good friend of mine (who co-founded iRobot).

CyPhy LVL 1 Drone: Reinvented for Performance and Control by CyPhy Works Kickstarter

Thanks GPetti for naming Waldo. That Drone looks interesting for sure. I am a bit unsure about using a phone for control though, precise movements and distance being the issue (and not applicable in many situations anyway). UAV technology is rapidly advancing, anything bought today might very well be outdated tomorrow (but it will continue to work just fine, just like Model S's without heated steering wheels or autopilot or...!!!). Best of luck to your friend SULA!

For Waldo fans who have enjoyed the "Canmore #2" video posted by FootBag and want their own UAV....

There is a new Kickstarter campaign initiated by a good friend of mine (who co-founded iRobot).

CyPhy LVL 1 Drone: Reinvented for Performance and Control by CyPhy Works Kickstarter

I love these, however I don't love all the post-processing and editing involved. I think I'll just buy one of those iPhone controlled helicopters I see at the mall kiosks at Christmas instead :)

Seats tomorrow and yes, I hope I have better luck with the sunroof - it was a gorgeous day today and it would have been great today.

I love these, however I don't love all the post-processing and editing involved. I think I'll just buy one of those iPhone controlled helicopters I see at the mall kiosks at Christmas instead :)

Seats tomorrow and yes, I hope I have better luck with the sunroof - it was a gorgeous day today and it would have been great today.

That drone is utterly awesome!

I said I would post pics of the car after I got it back from Refine. Next-gen seats front and rear as well as Grey-black-piano interior. Comments from friends are that it feels like a spaceship, with some calling it "The Enterprise". The stock wheels have grown on me because of the show-through of the performance brakes.

IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1932.JPG
IMG_1933.JPG

That drone is utterly awesome!

I said I would post pics of the car after I got it back from Refine. Next-gen seats front and rear as well as Grey-black-piano interior. Comments from friends are that it feels like a spaceship, with some calling it "The Enterprise". The stock wheels have grown on me because of the show-through of the performance brakes.
Beautiful! I may have to take my car in for a swirl/scratch removal then I can continue to wash like @in2oil teaches me so I don't scratch it anymore.

I sold a condo in the background of one of your photos recently :)

I got my seats in today - LOVE THEM! I think I'm going to burn through more tires because of them as I corner harder now.

- - - Updated - - -

Some photos from today...
back seats.jpg
dash with seats.jpg
front dash daylight.jpg
front seats.jpg
seats out 1.jpg
seats out.jpg

Beautiful! I may have to take my car in for a swirl/scratch removal then I can continue to wash like @in2oil teaches me so I don't scratch it anymore.

I got my seats in today - LOVE THEM! I think I'm going to burn through more tires because of them as I corner harder now.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics!
New seats look really good and the removed shots are really cool. thanks for sharing these.

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting to see what is underneath all those seats. The next Gen seats in the rear really match the front seats IMO. Too bad they got rid of the rear next-gen seats for all future orders. On the upside, those who have them now have a rarer feature in their Teslas!

I've just had my car since Thursday so I don't have a experience pool to draw from but so far so good. The 21's do make me a bit nervous and I have found that I have avoided trying to park parallel to curbs. When I have had to park next to a curb I am pretty far out compared to my other cars because I am scared. That said, I've been extra careful overall with the car as this is by far the biggest car I have ever owned.
do you have pics posted elsewhere? I haven't been online much recently

do you have pics posted elsewhere? I haven't been online much recently

Good Morning to all,

I saw two new TESLA in town this morning. The first one was black 85D in front of Jamieson's building on 4th avenue/ 3rd Street and the Other one 11 street between 4th and 5th avenue. This one was a MC red P85D. It is quite exciting to see more TESLA in town. Anyone might know who these new owner might be.

Last edited:
Good Morning to all,

I saw two new TESLA in town this morning. The first one was black 85D in front of Jamieson's building on 4th avenue/ 3rd Street and the Other one 11 street between 4th and 5th avenue. This one was a MC red P85D. It is quite exciting to see more TESLA in town. Anyone might know who these new owner might be.
No idea... but the black one is just me again as I keep changing the badging to confuse people and make it look like there are more Tesla's around! :)

Time for a service centre!

Tesla Moment: I parked my car out front today and we happen to live in a very pedestrian-friendly community. Nearly everyone has stopped and walked around the car (my office is in the front window). One car drove by, stopped, reversed and had a long look. Too funny!

Might have been me! I drove through Calgary for a couple days on way back to Edmonton. MC Red P85D
Winter in U.S. I drove Vegas to Edmonton completely on superchargers! Clocked my 10000 mile as I arrived in Edmonton.
Hope to see all of you around Alberta this summer.
image.jpg

Might have been me! I drove through Calgary for a couple days on way back to Edmonton. MC Red P85D
Winter in U.S. I drove Vegas to Edmonton completely on superchargers! Clocked my 10000 mile as I arrived in Edmonton.
Hope to see all of you around Alberta this summer.
View attachment 80705
DanTheMan,
What route did you take? I'm planning a trip from Calgary to Anaheim, and I can get their via BC through Canmore, Golden Hope then down through Washington into California to Anaheim. That drive is 30 hours plus charging. Id like to be able to go south from Alberta into Mo tana, through Utah then over to California to Anaheim. I would definitely plan to overnight somewhere along the way.

very curious to know the routing you followed. Thanks.

Adding to Tesla sightings I thought I would add that I saw a grey Model S driving slowly down the streets in Altadore. Thought it was 3s-a-Charm's.... But his is black. They seemed to be looking at homes for sale. Perhaps another realtor friend of yours 3s?

M1ker, I just did I-15, I-5, Hope-Red Deer all on SC
I usually just go Vegas I-15 north to Edmonton, but SC not complete yet, maybe next year!
Also, I hit Fremont and did the factory tour. A must if haven't yet! Amazing!
Check the destination HPWC listings, perhaps they have some on your proses route.

It was me.. and yes looking at houses and yes I am a very good Friend of 3s.. However , just looking !

- - - Updated - - -

Adding to Tesla sightings I thought I would add that I saw a grey Model S driving slowly down the streets in Altadore. Thought it was 3s-a-Charm's.... But his is black. They seemed to be looking at homes for sale. Perhaps another realtor friend of yours 3s?

It was me.. and yes looking at houses and yes I am a very good Friend of 3s.. However , just looking !

BTW.. If you are looking for a super sharp and professional Realtors. Call 3s-a-charm, Him and his wife make the most dynamic team you'll ever meet. When I purchase a house or selling I am using these guys. These guys are the best. You'll see what I mean when you'll meet them.

Here's the link to their site. http://simonerousseau.com/about/

BTW,, I am a Geologist.