Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it was that way for me 9 months ago when I bought mine. By weird coincidence I was using tuner works to swap my wheels and refine auto to do my wrap. Unbeknownst to me these two places are in the same building as Kulu. Anyway I've talked to the guy at Kulu and they don't seem to have any involvement now so I guess the address is just leftover as the only Calgary address they had.

I know this was covered earlier in the thread but now that you have had he wrap a while what do you think of the job Refine did? I'm between them and Shadowtint to wrap my D when I get it (that come off sounding funny). Refine did the front hood/fenders/bumper of my old car and I wasn't super happy. How was their aftercare? Did you have to go back for anything? If so we're they accommodating?

I know this was covered earlier in the thread but now that you have had he wrap a while what do you think of the job Refine did? I'm between them and Shadowtint to wrap my D when I get it (that come off sounding funny). Refine did the front hood/fenders/bumper of my old car and I wasn't super happy. How was their aftercare? Did you have to go back for anything? If so we're they accommodating?

I think I provided a review of the estimate and some pictures of the results but I haven't ever really provided follow-up on the experience. In part that is because I have not really had any need to have anything fixed. On the whole I was very happy with the original wrap. I had a skeptical friend who does airbrushing look at the car and he didn't believe it was wrapped at first. There was a small line at the very back under the CF spoiler where they had to join two sides together but other than that the only way to tell was to open the doors and feel where it was wrapped around the edge. My experience was that Richard (owner) is a perfectionist and had them redo at least one quarter panel because he wasn't happy with it. They had me bring it back in shortly after it was done to inspect it (and detail it) and I think they fixed something though I don't recall now what it was (and I hadn't noticed it myself anyway). I had been getting the car detailed there every couple of months or so and they inspected it each time. I did end up with minor damage to the wrap - a ding from someone's door and a small scrape on the right rear wheel well. They weren't able to do much to fix this - not sure there was much they could have done anyway so I would have had to replace those panels if i wanted the car restored to 100%. I guess I wondered if there was some way to replace a small piece but probably that would have looked worse. My strategy was to leave things until such time as I might have some other flaw that might make replacement more financially viable.
My overall view of Refine is that they provide great Customer Service but I guess the proof of the pudding is if I had asked them to fix something - which I didn't. About the only negative for me is how busy they are; however, they have put up with my appointment re-booking (twice) and then cancelling (due to my P85D misfires) with excellent patience and understanding. I guess as I'm booking my second full wrap with them they did their best to be flexible.
Ironically one of the reasons I hedged away from Shadow Tint was that although Edable described earlier in this thread about how they made good on a couple of problems, I was concerned that the problems occurred in the first place.

I think I provided a review of the estimate and some pictures of the results but I haven't ever really provided follow-up on the experience. In part that is because I have not really had any need to have anything fixed. On the whole I was very happy with the original wrap. I had a skeptical friend who does airbrushing look at the car and he didn't believe it was wrapped at first. There was a small line at the very back under the CF spoiler where they had to join two sides together but other than that the only way to tell was to open the doors and feel where it was wrapped around the edge. My experience was that Richard (owner) is a perfectionist and had them redo at least one quarter panel because he wasn't happy with it. They had me bring it back in shortly after it was done to inspect it (and detail it) and I think they fixed something though I don't recall now what it was (and I hadn't noticed it myself anyway). I had been getting the car detailed there every couple of months or so and they inspected it each time. I did end up with minor damage to the wrap - a ding from someone's door and a small scrape on the right rear wheel well. They weren't able to do much to fix this - not sure there was much they could have done anyway so I would have had to replace those panels if i wanted the car restored to 100%. I guess I wondered if there was some way to replace a small piece but probably that would have looked worse. My strategy was to leave things until such time as I might have some other flaw that might make replacement more financially viable.
My overall view of Refine is that they provide great Customer Service but I guess the proof of the pudding is if I had asked them to fix something - which I didn't. About the only negative for me is how busy they are; however, they have put up with my appointment re-booking (twice) and then cancelling (due to my P85D misfires) with excellent patience and understanding. I guess as I'm booking my second full wrap with them they did their best to be flexible.
Ironically one of the reasons I hedged away from Shadow Tint was that although Edable described earlier in this thread about how they made good on a couple of problems, I was concerned that the problems occurred in the first place.

That's a pretty good endorsement for Refine. Since you will be getting your D before me let me know how your second experience with them goes. Just to confirm, they were able to wrap the whole hood in one piece with no seams correct? That was one of the things I wasn't happy with when they wrapped the hood of my old car. There was a seam and an extra little piece of Xpel at the top of the hood in each corner.

Well that was quick. Transferred my Model X reservation deposit to the purchase of a P85D yesterday. Happy New Year! April delivery, just in time for kiddo's spring break. Thanks for Han Chen for giving me the kick in the pants I needed and for talking me into the Pano Roof despite my fears of the cabin getting too hot in the summer, lol.

I can't seem to add a signature yet, probably need to post more to have option available to me. Anyhow, here's my config:

P85D | Blue Metallic + Pano | Alcantara Headliner | Grey next-gen seats | Piano black trim | 19'' silver cyclones and winters | Dual Chargers | Tech package | Smart Air Suspension | Rear jump seats | Subzero weather package | April 2015 Delivery

Well that was quick. Transferred my Model X reservation deposit to the purchase of a P85D yesterday. Happy New Year! April delivery, just in time for kiddo's spring break. Thanks for Han Chen for giving me the kick in the pants I needed and for talking me into the Pano Roof despite my fears of the cabin getting too hot in the summer, lol.

I can't seem to add a signature yet, probably need to post more to have option available to me. Anyhow, here's my config:

P85D | Blue Metallic + Pano | Alcantara Headliner | Grey next-gen seats | Piano black trim | 19'' silver cyclones and winters | Dual Chargers | Tech package | Smart Air Suspension | Rear jump seats | Subzero weather package | April 2015 Delivery

wow. Our wives are really going to question our relationship after getting matching cars.

That's a pretty good endorsement for Refine. Since you will be getting your D before me let me know how your second experience with them goes. Just to confirm, they were able to wrap the whole hood in one piece with no seams correct? That was one of the things I wasn't happy with when they wrapped the hood of my old car. There was a seam and an extra little piece of Xpel at the top of the hood in each corner.

I'm guessing that each type of car has its own challenges. With the model S the back of the car (particularly with the CF spoiler) is apparently difficult and I've had other owners voice that they weren't particularly happy with the way that part was done (not by Refine but other wrappers). I don't know how long ago you had it wrapped but I guess it might be personnel dependent; however, in my experience Richard the owner seems to oversee most of the wrapping. Anyway, this link here has some of my pictures so you can see the hood for yourself - hopefully the detail and resolution are good enough.
Full Xpel Wrap on Metallic Blue (Calgary, Refine Auto)

Relevant to Albertans (more so Calgarians), I took some photos of the updated construction in Canmore as Tesla is adding 4 Superchargers there: Western Canada Superchargers - Page 47

Thanks for the recon photos 3s. That's awesome to see some Supercharger construction occurring in Alberta! Any idea when the Red Deer one is going in?

Thanks for the recon photos 3s. That's awesome to see some Supercharger construction occurring in Alberta! Any idea when the Red Deer one is going in?
No, no idea on Red Deer...? I don't go north that often but West is important for us.

I guess we could almost make it to Revelstoke on a charge now? Probably not but when Golden opens I'm sure we could get from Calgary to Golden, stop at Kamloops and Hope before reaching Vancouver. 3 stops from Calgary to Vancouver is more than tolerable!

No, no idea on Red Deer...? I don't go north that often but West is important for us.

I guess we could almost make it to Revelstoke on a charge now? Probably not but when Golden opens I'm sure we could get from Calgary to Golden, stop at Kamloops and Hope before reaching Vancouver. 3 stops from Calgary to Vancouver is more than tolerable!

For sure, i assume most travellers stop that much particularly if kids in the vehicle

I can assure you Edmontonians are just as interested in this information. :) I plan to make my second trip to Vancouver with my S in March, these Superchargers will make a huge difference.

The drive to Vancouver is beautiful, and it'll become even better in a Tesla. You can then go down the west coast of the USA to California (which I am told is a another very nice drive).

The drive to Vancouver is beautiful, and it'll become even better in a Tesla. You can then go down the west coast of the USA to California (which I am told is a another very nice drive).

Yeah, I've driven from Edmonton to Eureka, CA in a different car a few summers ago, the Pacific Coast Highway is absolutely fantastic. I drove my Model S to Vancouver last summer and am looking forward to trying to do it again in winter conditions.

It is a beautiful drive! I drove from Calgary to Vancouver then down through Seattle, down the 101 through Oregon (Cannon Beach!!) and ended up in San Francisco. Northern California can make you sick, though with all the twisty roads. My wife and I had to trade-off every 20 min or so :).

- - - Updated - - -

@Spurkey, feel free to stop at my house for a charge in Calgary - I have a HPWC with full power and a fridge full of beer :). I'm also conveniently located on the way out West.

footbagpureev.jpg

Had a great meetup and chat with Zapped over the weekend. Snapped this picture, thought I'd share...

Had a great meetup and chat with Zapped over the weekend. Snapped this picture, Two Great Looking TESLAs thought I'd share...

Good to meet you also Footbag. We'll have to get a few more owners together on a day somewhat warmer than -30C.:wink: ( TESLA show and shine perhaps)
Thanks for showing me your P85D. Interesting to see the changes in the last 2 years.... and hard to keep up.