Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might wait until I get my car as well, yet I am really tempted to see your teslas. Please don't mind if I do!

I think m1ker is right, our delivery should be in or around the 23rd. On my tesla site, it's still shows in transit from Fremont.

Ill be be there at noon with my wife.. In an ice ... Looking forward to meeting you all. Fun. Bought a set of 21 inch rims today. Pretty happy.

In2oil, ggenge, it sounds like that's 3 Tesla's coming to Calgary at the same time. We are slated for the week of the 23rd as well. All of our paperwork is in.

We we decided to get winter tired (a first for me), and I've asked them to ship the car with the summer tires on. I know we will get another snow or three, but at this point I'm sure summer tires will be fine until winter.

Convinced the wife to come, currently grabbing some food while charging in Red Deer. See whomever can make it tomorrow at noon. Too bad there was the mix up on days. I am sure there will be many more meet ups to come!
See you Sunday, my wife agreed to come but we will be visiting some friends in Canmore after we're done so we won't necessarily be coming back at the same time as others. Seems like it might just be the three of us this time.

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed that ggenge posted in the Alberta Owners Group that I started with information about his car. I never posted this group previously but it would be great to have other Alberta Owners join this and subscribe. In future we can use this group to communicate meetings etc.
Alberta Owners TMC - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Ill be be there at noon with my wife.. In an ice ... Looking forward to meeting you all. Fun. Bought a set of 21 inch rims today. Pretty happy.

Who was there,
Gpetti, 3s-a charm and Footbag. I was there as well, but with an ice..

Here are some of the pics from the small gathering at the Canmore Supercharger.
The weather was a bit cold.. After a quick charge, We all went to the Iron Goat nearby for a quick lunch and talked about all things TESLA.
20150315_121246_resized.jpg
20150315_121254_resized.jpg
20150315_130019_resized.jpg
20150315_130036_resized.jpg
IMG_2425.jpg

That's awesome guys. The cars look great! Did you guys get more than 60KW charging at the supercharger? Just wondering due to the other thread about the possible throttling of charging speed.
My car was nearly full and the charging slowed down to 86A, 401V, 252 km/hr. It started at about 141A. I thought I read that as you near full it will be slower. Time flies when you're talking cars :).

Footbag had his drone there taking video... looking forward to seeing that.

Fun afternoon - great conversation and a good lunch.
Was fun and a great restaurant pick! You can see that the concrete blocks are still a bit in the way though we actually shifted them a bit in order to get close enough to plug in. Might be worth calling Tesla to get them properly located.

- - - Updated - - -

My car was nearly full and the charging slowed down to 86A, 401V, 252 km/hr. It started at about 141A. I thought I read that as you near full it will be slower. Time flies when you're talking cars :).

Footbag had his drone there taking video... looking forward to seeing that.
I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry. 3s numbers don't sound that great but I think he and I were plugged into A and B which I believe might reduce the charging throughout for each car. Guess I'm going to have to start reading up on supercharger threads.