Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners who overstay 4 hour public parking charging station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Westchester, NY near the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge (formerly the Tappan Zee Bridge).
When they built the bridge they built a plaza for people to come and walk and ride their bikes over the bridge.
They also put in 2 Level 2 chargers which are Free!

I go there ever so often to charge and the same 2 cars are there all the time. Now, they have every right to charge there, they can go 7 days per week if they want. Furthermore, there is a posted sign above both EV charging lanes saying there is a “4-hour limit”. These 2 owners are there together and stay the entire day so no one else can use the chargers.

I spoke to the parking attendant and asked him to say something to the 2 Tesla owners. Not sure he did.
Today I left a note on their windshield to please be considerate of other EV owners and keep the charge to the posted 4 hour limit.

Very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it?

When I went to pick up my car from charging today after leaving it for about 3 hrs (4 hrs max per signage), I had a nasty note on my car from one of the two Tesla owners. He first stated I did not belong there because charging is only for people who use the path on the bridge. This is false, there is no such rule, anyone can charge, hence a 4 hr limit. The he threatened me with nasty words in the note. I really did not want get to this boiling point, I left a very friendly, cordial note on their windshields and did not expect this in return. In fact, the person who wrote the note says he works in the adjoining building which is the NYS Turnpike Authority. Perhaps he is special and gets special treatment. If he does work there, it is then easy to move the car after 4 hours.

If anyone on this forum knows these guys who work at the NYS Turnpike Authority, drive a Model 3(NY plates)and Model Y(CT plates), please invite them to come on this forum and respond.