Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Paint Dispute Resolution with NCDS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea.. I pickup the car with many paint issues and I was told just call service center and all issues will be fixed.. 2 months later and we are still flighting

That's a common shady tactics used by Tesla personnel. Verbally tell you that the service center will take care of any issues. Now you're stuck with a non-responsive service center. The "sales" side of Tesla will do/say anything to get you to just take delivery. Anything that's not right, will be tossed over to the "service" side, which is way overwhelmed due to poor QC of the cars that shouldn't have left the factory.

That's a common shady tactics used by Tesla personnel. Verbally tell you that the service center will take care of any issues. Now you're stuck with a non-responsive service center. The "sales" side of Tesla will do/say anything to get you to just take delivery. Anything that's not right, will be tossed over to the "service" side, which is way overwhelmed due to poor QC of the cars that shouldn't have left the factory.
Common tactic of all dealerships TBH

Reactions: richyrich
To the OP, it would be interesting to understand more about what happened at delivery, what Tesla is now telling you in regards to the quality issues,etc. Did you make them note the issues at delivery?

Pictures are one thing, but there are a lot of missing details. For example, why is this dispute even happening? Why is it being taken to a 3rd party dispute resolution process?

At the livery we had so many issues because that was the day that the paint prices changed. As they walked me out to my car I started seeing issues and the delivery guy said just bring them all to the service center they will all be addressed. At this time I also contacted my sales rep and he insured me it would be fixed. After waiting a few weeks to get into service I was told the issue is I got an old car and they cannot fix the paint issues

At the livery we had so many issues because that was the day that the paint prices changed. As they walked me out to my car I started seeing issues and the delivery guy said just bring them all to the service center they will all be addressed. At this time I also contacted my sales rep and he insured me it would be fixed. After waiting a few weeks to get into service I was told the issue is I got an old car and they cannot fix the paint issues

Did you buy an inventory car or custom built car? I have seen showroom cars in bad shapes but they’re like $6k off so they wouldn’t fix the paint on those cars.

I think it was new I put my order in and I got it the next day

It was an inventory car, but wasn’t demo’d so they should fix it. My original post should have asked if it was a showroom car.

Getting it next day meant the car was sitting in a parking lot somewhere for days/weeks which traditional dealerships do, and should be treated as a brand new car. If no discounts where giving then you should fight this.

Also, how long has it been since you got the car? Tesla usually give 48 hours, but I was between 72 and 86 hours before I called with my paint problems. They fixed it for me at a local body shop which took 30 days.

Tesla meticulously documented and photographed all my paint defects at delivery (as did I), with no pushback. Then they expedited the paint repair/repainting at the local Tesla Body shop, which still took two weeks, but they made it right. Yeah they shouldn't have the paint defects the do, but at least last year when I took delivery at the Bellevue delivery/service center, they were willing to fix their mistakes.
Sad to hear otherwise.

I think it was new I put my order in and I got it the next day

Were there any discounts on this car at all? It feels like there is a part of this story that we are not being told. Tesla takes cars to the service center to fix them all the time. You are being told that your car is "to old" to be fixed, yet you also said that the tag says "june 19" which means the car was made in june of this year.

That means the car is 2 months old, not a year old. How is that "too old" to be fixed?

This feels like it was a used car (not demo) sold with a discount. OP, you should know whether the car was considered "new" or "used". Miles dont matter. If the car was used / titled, I could see tesla fighting this a bit. Not sure how you could not know if your car was sold as new or used (miles and date of car do not matter for new vs used... its whether the car was ever sold to someone else".

How many miles were on that car when you picked it up? I am betting its not <50.....

Reactions: jsrawa
It had 50 miles on it and one was told
It was new and no discount but we want to a detail shop for a 3rd view of it and it’s issues and we were told it looks like it was hit in the back but nothing on Carfax and tesla is telling me nothing happens but we had two shops say it was hit before i got it

Tesla would definitely have to note the car as new or used, include the odometer statement, if it had been titled already (eligibility for any tax credits or rebates), etc.

There are a lot of missing details, and it kinda feels like pulling teeth to get all the details.

Reactions: jsrawa