Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Paint Dispute Resolution with NCDS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I echo the above, something is missing in this story. Aside from the paint issues like thin paint this car looks poorly taken care of with what looks like poor detailing work by OP or someone.

Meh, I've bought 2 a year apart and they both look like this if you examine them closely. Mine had touch up paint, scratches, flat spots where the paint was sanded and not buffed, thin paint where you can see the bumper material, lots of trash under the paint especially lower in the cars because they think you will not care as much, thick paint and paint runs on the edges of panels, very sloppy seam sealer, missing paint on hinges, door jambs, etc...

Some are better than others, but none of them are anywhere near acceptable if you actually care and know what you are looking for regarding paint quality / fit and finish.

I've had some of it repaired, some they refused, some I just didn't have addressed. Some the body shop has messed up and made worse, some they have had to redo a few times, etc... It all takes months to get a new car worked out halfway decent because they forget to do x or y, mess up z fixing y, a month between appointments, have to drive multiple hours each way, etc.

I'd like to see the overall rework cost for model 3's alone, I bet it is staggering. This is not the kind of stuff you want to be dealing with in 2019 if you are trying to stay afloat. Must be cheaper than fixing the actual problems at the factory and in transport and seeing who complains, but not the type of reputation you want.

Reactions: Solor
Screenshot_20190901-084500.jpg
At the livery we had so many issues because that was the day that the paint prices changed. As they walked me out to my car I started seeing issues and the delivery guy said just bring them all to the service center they will all be addressed. At this time I also contacted my sales rep and he insured me it would be fixed. After waiting a few weeks to get into service I was told the issue is I got an old car and they cannot fix the paint issues

You were either
1. supposed to reject the car on the spot for a different one
2. actually get them to document the damage. My family owns well over ten teslas since every aunt and uncle has one and we all know once you leave without documentation you are royally f**ked. Since you listened to the salesperson to fix it at the service center you got screwed. Service center does not do any body repairs. So on delivery, we got the sales rep to document the damages and print a copy as proof it was there. Then, we called the 1877 number and documented with every damage and emailed photos of the damage. The car was brought in, they gave us a loaner and repainted in a week. The loaner I put on 1,000 miles in a week!

Anyway, I think you don't have any fight with this claim. Also, I've heard technically anything that's not physically visible from the outside does not need to be painted. So door hinges and random gaps can be unpainted.

I have tons more other pictures but it's hard to find on my cell phone. But basically, no Tesla comes without some sort of paint damage or missing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190803-164540.jpg
    Screenshot_20190803-164540.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20190901-084515.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-084515.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
No one told me I can turn down the car. I was told service would fix it. I had had cars over years and never seen this

Because it is not normal, Tesla thinks it's ok to have paint like this. Some people get the cars fixed and some get the run around. I have a spot missing clear coat about 3" round I did not see on the top pillar, because it was down the road it was tough luck for me. My friends 3 had issue I made them document because she never considered doing that. They declined the repairs later until I made them read the notes from the delivery order. Elon is about quality though:)