Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Parts Tracking Lacking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am beginning to think that Tesla Service Centers lack the basic ability to track when parts arrive and notify the owners that they are in stock. When I wanted a spare Goodyear tire, the Rocklin Service Center was out of stock but said they would order one for me. Months went by without any phone calls, e-mails or communication from Tesla. I finally called and got someone to chase down the parts person who indicated they had them back in stock.

Next, I wanted to get the touchscreen bezel replaced because it came from the factory with two dings which you cannot help but notice every time you look at the screen (I took delivery last September). They ordered the part when I was at the SC back in March. Two months later when I was at the SC, I asked if the part was in and they said yes and I scheduled an appointment to have it installed along with fixing a couple of other defects. That appointment was on July 28. After 2-1/2 hours the service person told me my car was out front and they had completed two of three items. They did not replace the touchscreen bezel because they did not have the part! Even my local Ford dealer doesn't schedule service unless they know they have the parts.

This leaves me with no confidence I will ever hear back from Tesla that the part has arrived and they want to reschedule the replacement of the bezel, which takes about three hours. In another month, the car will be a year old. I took the survey after the last service and detailed what happened. So far, no one seems to have read the survey.

Has anyone had the same experiences with the Tesla Service Center parts?