Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla People, Tesla Spirit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ForeverFree

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2015
Sherman Oaks, CA
Good news came so fast yesterday that it could have been a problem. The P3 ... which I'd been planning to probably change into a regular AWD ... in the weeks I'd been assured I still had ... was suddenly the P3 that I could pick up at Marina del Rey tomorrow.

Yes!

Nooooooo ...

What to do? Really worth the $11K? Or back into the queue for AWD? Aaaarrrrgh!!

A first-world problem, sure, but a problem, nonetheless.

Fortunately, Tesla people were over-the-top helpful and supportive ... just as I have always found them, since I shopped for my first Model S at Topanga and then received super service from the warm, wonderful folks over at Van Nuys SC.

Nicholas Arnold, my Inside Delivery Advisor, understood my concerns, arranged for me to have an extra day and one-half to make my final decision, and then was incredibly responsive and attentive as I wrestled with questions and worked through purchase logistics on a compressed time frame.

Justin Powers, who has put up with my wandering and waffling as I've considered S100Ds and other options over the past year, moved heaven and earth to get me into the first P3 test drive today at Topanga.

The Van Nuys crew, who prepped the demo cars, had already shared their insights and enthusiasm with me yesterday.

And, Blake, who is a passionate Tesla enthusiast (and soon to be owner), ensured that my test drive was fun, thorough, and answered all of my lingering questions about whether the extra $11K for P was worth it. (Those questions lingered for about as long as it took me to depress my right foot. Driving impressions here.)

Thanks to these folks going the extra mile, all doubts have been dispelled, and I am unconflictedly psyched about taking delivery tomorrow ... which Nicholas, and Robert Peters at the MDR Delivery Center, have already extended themselves to arrange.

Appreciation and kudos to all.