Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Policy changes and other horrible Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
by the way, the front motor failed today!

Serendipitous for sure. At least they can't back out of it now :) . Also, good on Tesla for allowing the car to still move with a disabled motor.

As for the rusted front crash bar, there is no way to prove that the rust wasn't caused by driving on roads with a lot of salt/ice melt or from your impact (although that seems less likely). Typically a warranty covers defects in manufacturing so any external damage would not be covered.

Also I am fairly sure that the sheet metal warranty covers the actual body panels of the car (e.g. fenders, doors, etc...) and not the sub-frame/frame components but I could certainly be wrong.

Serendipitous for sure. At least they can't back out of it now :) . Also, good on Tesla for allowing the car to still move with a disabled motor.

As for the rusted front crash bar, there is no way to prove that the rust wasn't caused by driving on roads with a lot of salt/ice melt or from your impact (although that seems less likely). Typically a warranty covers defects in manufacturing so any external damage would not be covered.

Also I am fairly sure that the sheet metal warranty covers the actual body panels of the car (e.g. fenders, doors, etc...) and not the sub-frame/frame components but I could certainly be wrong.
The warranty covers any sheet metal as per Advisor and that piece is covered. The motor was completely disabled and the car was not drivable at all. That message is bogus.

• Informative
Reactions: dannycamps
Oh so your real world consists of suckers that don't think contracts are real. Good luck bro!
In my real world I know Tesla would not cover that crash bar and neither would most manufactures. Read the fine print. They will cover their ass from abuse. It’s just ridiculous to expect they will cover it. So who’s right? How’s that claim going for you? How’s the blood pressure and sleep? Is it worth it?

And BTW those crash bars are cheap. And not much labor. In fact, I just tossed a brand new rear one. Replaced with tow bar.

People need to stop giving Tesla a pass. If we hold them to task they will stop this nonsense and become a better company.

Why not take it to small claims court and let the judge decide?

Reactions: Golflaw4
update:

They screwed up and pinched a coolant line when they performed the last service and I was ok with that. They ordered the part and took 3 weeks to arrive due to the part not being manufactured in the US. I found it odd that they couldn't get one from manufacturing while the part was en route.

They also were not going to replace the front motor due to the issue not being the motor. I was not happy and made it extremely clear that a lawsuit may be filed if it's not replaced. I also made it clear that I purchased my vehicle during the original policy, not the new one.

I received a call a couple of days later that the motor will be replaced.

Reactions: Golflaw4
update:

They screwed up and pinched a coolant line when they performed the last service and I was ok with that. They ordered the part and took 3 weeks to arrive due to the part not being manufactured in the US. I found it odd that they couldn't get one from manufacturing while the part was en route.

They also were not going to replace the front motor due to the issue not being the motor. I was not happy and made it extremely clear that a lawsuit may be filed if it's not replaced. I also made it clear that I purchased my vehicle during the original policy, not the new one.

I received a call a couple of days later that the motor will be replaced.
I've had nothing but issues myself with my model 3p that i picked up in June 2022. Build quality, panel gaps and paint. Regular stuff. I got pretty upset recently and let the manager have it. He told me straight up that he won't even argue that build quality is TRASH and told me off record to keep complaining and post videos online. That tells you tesla doesn't care.

On here, fanboys are brain-dead and will swallow anything Elon fraud says. You won't ever change these 🤡.

Unfortunately, if you get another performance oriented ev the wait is very long and tesla does have the best ev tech currently along with the supercharging network. Ill fix most of these issues myself snd wait till supply line issues resolved and will get another car.