Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Powerwall App inconsistency

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had 12 KWh of solar and two Powerwall 2s installed this week. In the past, I've had a sense energy monitor which shows I typically consumed like 1 KWh in my house when no major appliances were running. The Tesla app is showing I am using 7KWh. I noticed the House usage goes up and down with the production of solar energy. I'm generating 12KWh right now, and 5KWh are feeding into the Powerwall with the rest being used by the house. this morning, I was generating 2.6, with 1 going to the power wall and 1.6 being used by the house, so as the generation goes up, the house usage goes up. Nothing is going to the grid as we're not permitted yet. I was wondering if either a sensor was wrong or if maybe the powerwalls only charge using half of the power generated?

Do any of you know what's going on? I've contacted Tesla and they just said "they are working on it" and that is all.

Well after 4 trips by Tesla solar the issue is fixed. The third trip fixed the actual issue and was handled by the original electrician who installed it. Not sure what he did even though I asked. The fourth trip just now, the technician stated it appeared to be a "CT" issue and is resolved, so you were right jjrandorin.

The app now shows accurate readings. I was never making that much power from solar, nor was I using that much power at home.

So far I haven't used any power from the grid since install. My powerwalls easily get me through sunset to sunrise with 50% to spare. Curious how the summer will turn out when I use the AC.