Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla production numbers doesn't match PG&E...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One other thing that I just thought of. We believe that the powerblaster uses the black zigbee gateway to communicate its data to Tesla. If your gateway is not very close to that panel where the powerblaster is then you might want to try to move it closer, if possible, just in case it’s a range issue.

One other thing that I just thought of. We believe that the powerblaster uses the black zigbee gateway to communicate its data to Tesla. If your gateway is not very close to that panel where the powerblaster is then you might want to try to move it closer, if possible, just in case it’s a range issue.

It is not actually, it's on the other side of the house but I thought since the little black Tesla Gateway box that connects to my router doesn't show "no signal" message and I'm getting generation data on the app then it's it's connected fine. I have one of those range extender things somewhere, let me see if I can plug it in closer.

Thanks!!

It is not actually, it's on the other side of the house but I thought since the little black Tesla Gateway box that connects to my router doesn't show "no signal" message and I'm getting generation data on the app then it's it's connected fine. I have one of those range extender things somewhere, let me see if I can plug it in closer.

The little black zigbee gateway and the way things connect are still a bit of a mystery to us because tesla doesn’t really publish any information about this. But I believe that both the inverter and the powerblaster connect independently to the zigbee gateway to transmit their data to tesla. The inverter transmits solar production data (which obviously you are getting in the app) and the powerblaster transmits power usage data, which you are not getting.

It certainly seems like your inverter is able to connect to the gateway, but perhaps your powerblaster is not. I’m speculating here, but it’s logical that the ‘no signal’ light would go off as soon as anything connects to the gateway, especially since different installations are different... some have powerblasters, a few don’t. Some have multiple inverters, some only have one. So the gateway doesn’t have any way of knowing how many devices it is expecting to connect to it.

I think it makes sense to try to get the gateway as close to the powerblaster as you can, and then once the gateway has been moved maybe use the breaker to power cycle the powerblaster and give it some time to connect and transmit it’s data. If you still aren’t seeing any additional info in the tesla app by tomorrow give tesla a call and they can make sure that everything is configured correctly on your account.