Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla PTO Issues with SCE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every step has had its issues with Tesla not QA'ing their own work before submitting to either the city or SCE.

The latest is that my PTO application was rejected because the NEM Load Justification form has my esignature at the bottom but not in the Signature or Date lines of the form. Ditto for the Interconnection Agreement form.

Did you guys have the same form that you e-signed on Tesla site submitted without issues to SCE?

I am now so irritated because it's one thing after another. My patience is now wearing off.

Thanks all for the help!

My NEM and Interconnect agreements are correct. I guess we have to double-check all their paperwork. My residential load calculation overstated my square footage, and they are moving a breaker that I told them was disconnected but I will end up using that for my wall charger for the Model Y so I don't care. The fact that they overstated the square footage is not really a problem either, since it passed.

Now I think they screwed up the wiring diagram for the panel, because they are removing my A/C from backup but they state the the TEG breaker and the main breaker will be the only things left in the main panel. Unless the plan on putting the A/C breaker in the TEG (and it isn't noted to be that way) they left my A/C breaker completely out from the plan. I've brought it up multiple times, but they don't want to change it because they finally got permitted after 3 tries. I have an install date and they don't want to mess with it. I don't know if it will fail inspection or not, but I will bring it up to the install team.

My NEM and Interconnect agreements are correct. I guess we have to double-check all their paperwork. My residential load calculation overstated my square footage, and they are moving a breaker that I told them was disconnected but I will end up using that for my wall charger for the Model Y so I don't care. The fact that they overstated the square footage is not really a problem either, since it passed.

Now I think they screwed up the wiring diagram for the panel, because they are removing my A/C from backup but they state the the TEG breaker and the main breaker will be the only things left in the main panel. Unless the plan on putting the A/C breaker in the TEG (and it isn't noted to be that way) they left my A/C breaker completely out from the plan. I've brought it up multiple times, but they don't want to change it because they finally got permitted after 3 tries. I have an install date and they don't want to mess with it. I don't know if it will fail inspection or not, but I will bring it up to the install team.

Definitely bring up if you have concerns because they are too busy to do the due diligence so you almost need to QA their work because they don’t seem to have time to check. Hopefully they have a fix for it if it fails inspection.

Fortunately I did not have that issue. My PTO process was smooth but it did take exactly 1 month.
You’re so lucky!

So what it turns out is that those two forms have my signature at the end of the page but not dated. So the lines where the actual signature and date lines are empty. SCE dinged them on this which is so frustrating because 1) they must have had these rejections before so why didn’t they fix their damn forms. Or 2) they must have gotten approval from SCE on the forms being as they are so it’s not worth the effort on Tesla’s part to fix. You’d think that these rejects just require more of their time to fix. They are so inefficient. The Quality Control in this process leaves a lot to be desired.

You’re so lucky!

So what it turns out is that those two forms have my signature at the end of the page but not dated. So the lines where the actual signature and date lines are empty. SCE dinged them on this which is so frustrating because 1) they must have had these rejections before so why didn’t they fix their damn forms. Or 2) they must have gotten approval from SCE on the forms being as they are so it’s not worth the effort on Tesla’s part to fix. You’d think that these rejects just require more of their time to fix. They are so inefficient. The Quality Control in this process leaves a lot to be desired.

Curious if your documents were Adobe EchoSigned. I think ours automatically got the date added electronically when my husband “signed”.

I followed the instructions to a T and the Tesla actions are listed as complete. BUT I do see that the signature and date lines have a yellow highlight and are empty. Then, my e-signature is after that with the email. It didn't pick up the date.

So bizarre.

Woohooo! Got PTO today from SCE but have not heard anything from Tesla!!

Thank you to the super helpful folks on this forum - you guys have answered all of my newbie questions and I really appreciate all your detailed responses.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Reactions: jboy210