Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla quoting me different lease payments for identically priced inventory cars. WTH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a 90D inventory car three days ago - got a lease payment quote. Then today I see an inventory P85D with an identical price (okay, it was seventy dollars more expensive) - but the lease payment is over $100 per month lower. And my finance rep at Tesla will not give me a straight answer. He gave me this nonsense about how the two cars have different mileage and configurations and so the lease payment is not the same. But the prices are the same (i pointed this out to him when I e-mailed him to ask about the discrepancy) and instead of giving me a straight answer he e-mailed me what sounded to me like nonsense. Either there is something funny going on with Tesla's lease program, or he is confused, or the cash purchase prices they list don't actually compute directly into lease payment.

Anyone know what this is about?

EDIT - Okay he explained it to me - I guess the residual calculations are different for different inventory cars depending on mileage and configuration, even if the cash purchase prices are identical.

Last edited: