TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla rent in San Francisco and return to LAX

Discussion in 'California' started by vinadio, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Sig72

Sig72 Member

I'm out of town this weekend. If you could make the start date July 1st or 2nd, then I might be able to help. My 3 is booked July 3-6, but the S is available. PM me if that's feasible. I'm SF Bay Area based

2. FellowDriver

FellowDriver New Member

@Sig72 thanks a lot for the offer, you rock!

Given that I will be way south of you - I don’t want to torture you driving so far... I’ve got plain vanilla rental for those 13 days now but I could cancel easily few last few days - really want to use this opportunity to test drive Tesla (driving now 2016 Audi S6 at home and have a deposit in for 2020 S6, and really considering pulling out and switching to the dark side ) anyone local at LA or San Diego?

3. Sig72

Sig72 Member

Once you make it up to the Bay Area, feel free to ping me. I've got both a Performance Model 3 (P3D+) and an older Model S P85 available. You're welcome to try them both out back-to-back. Model S is much more the same size/quality of the A6/S6/RS6. My Model S probably has performance comparable to an older S6. New P100D's are faster than even RS6/RS7's. Back in 2012 my dad was deciding between a Model S and an Audi S8. He got the Model S in 2013 and just recently upgraded to a new one. You'll love it. Most people only sell their Model S's to get newer Model S's, haha

4. Torino

Torino New Member

Hey, I'd like to rent Tesla with pick-up and drop-off at LAX on March 3 around 5 p.m. and drop-off March 23 around noon. I'm happy to go via Turo, Pls. PM me, thanks

5. Aferrone

Aferrone New Member

Hi guys - I'd love to rent Tesla (preferably a Model 3) for a four-day drive down the Pacific Coast Highway.

The pick up would be in SF on Mon, July 15th around 11am and the drop off would be in LA on Thurs, July 18th at around 7:00pm. I know this is a long shot, but would anyone potentially be interested in offering me a car rental? I'm happy to use Turo or whatever service you prefer. If you're interested, feel free to PM me for my phone or email. Thanks!

6. Sig72

Sig72 Member

My Model 3 is booked until mid August and my S is being used Thursday July 18th thru Sunday July 21st (in Northern California). Sorry Aferrone

7. Aferrone

Aferrone New Member

No worries! Thanks for the note, I appreciate it

8. aattard

aattard Member

Hey everyone! Im looking to hire a Tesla from San Fran to LA. Pickup: 14 October, until 21 October. Let me know if you have a vehicle and can arrange something with me! (PS: Im from Australia and drive a Model X here, but cannot wait to drive a Tesla in the US). Cheers!

9. Gavc

Gavc New Member

Hey Guys, Model X owner in the bay area looking to try out the model 3 to either drive one way down to LA, or hire for 9 days from Aug 9.

10. Sig72

Sig72 Member

My Model 3 is booked until the 16th, but my Model S is available from August 9th

11. untruth

untruth New Member

Hi there Sig and Bridor!
    New-ish EV enthusiast here looking to take advantage of a trip from SF to LAX at the end of the year to try a Tesla. Still interested in facilitating 1 way rentals? Would need it from the 30th November (SF) > 4th December (LAX).

Let me know if you're still in the market! Thanks.

12. Sig72

Sig72 Member

Hi untruth, this could possibly work for me. You want to rent a Model S or Model 3? email me at [email protected]