TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla rent in San Francisco and return to LAX

Discussion in 'California' started by vinadio, Jan 14, 2019.

1. vinadio

vinadio New Member

Dear all,

I'm getting crazy searching a solution to rent a Tesla (my best are Model S, 3 or X) in California at the end of July.

I tried with Turo but without success, because the different pickup and return locations: from San Francisco (wherever) to Los Angeles Intl. Airport.
    Moreover, I didn't find Teslas in the classic rent-a-car company websites.

Please help... thanks!!!
    Vinadio

2. Bridor

Bridor Member

You can rent my 2014 Tesla Model S through Turo - just put in that you are picking up and returning to my home location. I will drop the car off in San Francisco and can pick it up at the LAX airport. How long do you need it for? I would need to get $100 cash upon delivery for the cost of delivering the car.

Rent Brent’s 2014 Tesla Model S in Maricopa, AZ | Turo

Brent

• Helpful x 2
  3. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Member

I thought you would find nobody, then Bridor came to the rescue.

• Like x 3
  4. vinadio

vinadio New Member

Thanks Bridor/Brent, this sounds great!
    I would like to book it from 29 July late morning (around 11 AM) to 3 August evening (around 7 PM).

How do you manage to come from your home location in San Francisco and then take it back to LAX and then go back to your home for $100 only?

Do you know if the booking via Turo benefits some warranty? For me it's an important journey and I wouldn't like to find surprises for any reason. (i.e. owner job problems).

Thanks!

• Like x 1
  5. Bridor

Bridor Member

I will be driving the car to San Francisco, so no charges to me for supercharging. I will then take a bus to Los Angeles where I have friends and will be either getting a ride or using the ShuttleToLAX service. Turo has insurance for me and screens the drivers. I do not know you and so I would like to use a third party for both of our sakes. I have a five-star rating and will not let you down.

Brent

• Helpful x 1
  6. TJtv

TJtv Member

You will spend 15+ hours of your life driving a car from Arizona to sf and then taking a bus from sf to la all for a measly $100?

7. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Maybe he was planning to come to LA anyhow for a vacation?

8. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

He also gets the rental through Turo.

9. Bridor

Bridor Member

I was trying to be fair and do something nice for a fellow Tesla owner. I am only trying to recuperate my physical costs for delivering the car. I enjoy driving the car and was looking forward to driving up the coast.

Brent

• Love x 7
    • Like x 1
  10. Need

Need Active Member

That's super amazing of you. I am not sure if I would do this for my own brother if he asked and pay me $500. :D

• Funny x 2
  11. derkan

derkan June Bug

12. Sig72

Sig72 Member

I'm SF based and can work something out where I fly down to LA for pickup if that works for you. PM me for additional details. I have both an S and a 3 available

Book a Car with Wade | Turo

13. Warbird

Warbird Member

#13 Warbird, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Wow, Tesla owners are nice people, @Bridor and @Sig72 are angels among us.
    What an inspiring story, that I'm going to tell at our next New England Owner meetup.

14. Need

Need Active Member

I just check the rate for fun. For OP's dates, it is $2300 for the Large Exec Luxury Group and I don't think you could request only Tesla Model S. You could get a BMW 7 Series or Audi A8 or other ICE cars. Also have to return to the same location.. probably because it is in the exotic car group.

15. qjawe

qjawe New Member

Hi guys, I need to rent a Tesla from San Mateo or San Francisco to LA on the 4 May 2019 and may I know who could I speak to?

16. qjawe

qjawe New Member

oh dear fully booked on May 4

17. qjawe

qjawe New Member

I am looking for a Rental of Tesla Model S or X or 3 with Auto Pilot features. Need it on May 4 2019 for two days from San Mateo or SFO to LA. If you have this as an kind offer please reach out to me via my whatsapp: +852 61381865

18. jemisjivani

jemisjivani New Member

Hello,

I would like to rent from you in SF on 27-06-2019 to 06-07-2019 in Vegas. Is it possible?

19. Sig72

Sig72 Member

PM'ed you @jemisjivani

20. FellowDriver

FellowDriver New Member

Hey guys, I'd love to rent Testa (preferably S or X) with pick up at LAX on Sat Jun 29 around 5pm and drop off at SAN airport on Sat Jul 13 around 10:30am - anyone can offer me a last minute car rental? I'm happy to go via Turo, PM me for phone/email etc, thanks!