TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Roadster Rental?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by backmost, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. backmost

backmost Member

Hello everyone, new member here. I've been itching to drive the Tesla Roadster since falling in love with it back in 2008. I know Getaround and Turo used to have some Roadsters available on their sites, but couldn't find anything more recent. I live in the Hudson Valley region in New York not too far from New Jersey/NYC.

Is anyone available of any rental companies that still have the Roadster? I know this is probably a stupid question, but I figured I'd ask!

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

No, I haven't seen any around for quite some time. Model S, yes, Roadster no.

I don't think the business plan for a rental company works well for aging cars, let alone limited production ones where service technicians and replacement parts are very very limited. Hence why you don't see them rented today.

3. Roadster

Roadster Member

Looks like there's an active Radiant Red 2.0 on Turo for $236/day with recent reviews (latest one posted on 6/1). You'll need to fly to San Fran though...

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  4. backmost

backmost Member

I was just in San Francisco a month ago, wish I had known that was around! Looks like I'll have to start saving up for one then!

• Like x 1
  5. josh-io

josh-io Member

No way I'd ever rent mine out! But if you're ever in the SF Bay Area, you're welcome to test drive.

6. MileHighMotoring

I agree with the others, renting one is going to be difficult and probably a bad idea. I wouldn't expect Turo or any car sharing company to help out owner or renter if a major problem happened to the car and you couldn't defend whether it was user error or just a 10 year old car issue...

Find a local owner, that's my recommendation too, if you want to get into a Roadster. I got my first seat time from a friendly local owner, and have paid it forward a few times already.

• Like x 2
  7. backmost

backmost Member

I would definitely be open to finding a local owner, anyone in the Hudson Valley area? ;)