Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roof bars , leave on all the time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have seen several M3’s driving around my hood with the bars on and no attachments . Are they being left on because they are a pain to take off and out back on? How is the noise if any?
I have a set ordered that I am waiting for to attach a ski rack or box on, so was wondering what folks were doing?

Pretty easy to uninstall them. But very little aero drag. If you leave anything mounted on it, like a bike or ski rack, then the drag will be noticeable.

One tip for people first installing: use some soapy water on the car before laying down the clear stickers. that way you can slide it around to the perfect position and also prevent any bubbles from getting caught. The clear stickers will be practically undetectable in the future if you decide to remove the rack.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Char and strykeroz
I don't notice any noise. And the increased drag is minimal.

Having said that, we use the rack for skis. I install them right before the first ski trip and remove them right after our last ski trip of the season. As for the clear stickers, good suggestion by @novox. But I'm a bit AR about that, so I remove those and replace with new stickers (that I cut out using ppf film).