Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Rack Parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I lost the plastic right rear cover on my Model 3 OEM roof rack while driving down the highway (I did look for it for over 2 hours walking up and down the side of the road). See pics below (right side without cover & left side with me holding the cover piece).
Has anyone had any success buying replacement components for the roof rack?
Things I have tried so far:
1. Going to a service center and was told to book a service appointment online.
2. Booked a service appointment online to get a replacement, was told to contact Thule directly.
3. Contacted Thule and was told that the OEM racks are not made by Thule and I need to contact Tesla support.
4. Contacted Tesla Support and was told to book a service appointment online.

Seems as if I am getting the run around.

Roof.jpg

Roof2.jpg

2. Booked a service appointment online to get a replacement, was told to contact Thule directly.
3. Contacted Thule and was told that the OEM racks are not made by Thule and I need to contact Tesla support.
The Tesla OEM rack is made by a Yakima-associated company, although the main observation noted on these forums is that the lock cylinders are interchangeable with those for Yakima aftermarket racks.

FYI, Was able to locate part numbers for the covers:

• M3, ROOF RACK, FRONT LH, COVER
    1145397-00-A
  • M3, ROOF RACK, FRONT RH, COVER
    1145398-00-A
  • M3, ROOF RACK, REAR LH COVER
    1145399-00-A
  • M3 ROOF RACK, REAR RH COVER
    1145400-00-A
If you have the part number, you can do a parts-only request over the app. If it is not in stock, the SC can order it and you can go and pick it up when it arrives.

Has anyone been successful in purchasing parts of the roof rack? Approximately what is the cost?

I'm considering buying a used rack that has "missing rubber pieces in the middle", so I wanted to be sure I would be able to buy those.

Thanks!

Has anyone been successful in purchasing parts of the roof rack? Approximately what is the cost?

I'm considering buying a used rack that has "missing rubber pieces in the middle", so I wanted to be sure I would be able to buy those.

Thanks!
You cannot buy the rubber pieces I have tried multiple ways and got a note right from Tesla that they are not available as aftermarket parts and would need to buy an entire second rack (which is probably what the person did that is selling it without the rubber strips)
Cheers

• Funny
Reactions: fholbert
I bought a used set of racks that was missing one of the covers. I then found a set of the covers on ebay for $20. Fits perfectly.