Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roof Rack!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went to the Yakima website and input the info for my 3 in the roof rack finder. A rack came up as fitting. $547. This can’t be right so probably worth a chat with customer support to confirm.

Here is the one from the Yakima sight....the pictures are at the bottom on an actual Model 3. Unlike those sold by Tesla, they wrap all the way around the top of the door well. They are sold out until February.

Yakima Infolookup

Oh the other thing they said in the Email is that the Whisbars that I have left over from my Model S are not compatible with the footpads on the Model 3. So I would have to spend the full amount 547.00 Tesla's were only 450.00 (plus 9000.00 shipping probably). I reckon I'll just wait for the Tesla racks...less expensive, hook to the special fittings, and they look better. I thought it was also strange that the Yakima brand tell you to stack the boards and not put them side by side. I wonder why?

Tesla's were only 450.00 (plus 9000.00 shipping probably).

Free shipping on items has been around for a while now. At least the last year that I can remember. Slow, but free. That was for the Whisper bars.

20181210_194224.jpg

I wonder how much range these racks cost you?

Hardly any...had racks on my model S. With just the racks wh/m had no change... now load them up and that’s a different story.

I just don’t worry too much about range anymore having put almost 120,000 miles on Tesla’s. On the routes that I go and in my travels there is abundant fast charging. It’s like freaking out over the size of your gas tank in an ice vehicle

Reactions: longshot49