Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S 75D battery only getting 170 actual miles at 100% charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My late 2018S model 75D only gets about 170 real miles on a full charge. Rated miles say 245 miles. Took it in a week after delivery with 400 miles on the car, when it appeared I was getting under 100 miles per charge and they reported that it could take several months for the system to adjust and report accurately. Was getting 170 real miles per 100% charge at 2000 miles. Took it in and a tech said all battery readings were normal. He test drove with me advising to let up a bit on accellerating and try to keep the energy meter at or under the line, and try to use less options. I typically have the A/C and streaming radio on and do try to lighten up on accellerating. My car now has 5000 miles on it. When I home or supercharge to 100%, (I typically supercharge to 90% and rarely home charge) the rated miles can be 245, however, I am still only getting an actual 170. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H and P85_DA
We're missing a lot of info. What is the road conditions, weather, and how are you driving it?

How much city vs highway? Uphill and down? Snow?

If you're driving 90 mph at mostly highway, you're going to be in for a bad time.

That’s what I get in the wintertime and my heavy foot. I know this because when traveling I charge to 100% and can’t make it to a 2nd supercharger 180 miles away. Summer or warmer weather is no problem.