Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S audio upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own 2014 Tesla S with standard stereo (no premium upgrade) system, so plan on doing aftermarket audio upgrade.

I have JL Audio XD700/5v2 amp, JL 10 inch 10w3v2 subwoofer, Audio Control ACR-1 remote knob and Audio control LC7i.

I am going to get these installed at a local car audio center.

I realized the installer charges extra for LC7i installation. If installing the LC7i is not necessary, I would like to skip this part to save expenses.

JL Audio recommends Fix-86 over LC7i also. Any pros and cons?

Thank you.

From my experience, the LC7i is a line converter w bass optimization. The Fix-86 is also a line level converter, but the "fix' part is that it smooths out the entire frequency range, to get a flat response that is needed for higher end amplifiers and speakers. It basically corrects the stock system that uses DSP to compensate for paper or inferior stock speakers. I would think that the Fix-86 would cost extra to install as well. You have the wiring, the fix part where the software is utilized to see the flat curve, and some tweaking of filters.