Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sales Gallery proposed for Portsmouth NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not really familiar with the workings of these sales-only locations - can people take delivery there? That's what we need in northern NE, not just a place to gawk, touch, and test drive, especially with Peabody only 45 min south.

My opinion - without a service component, no deliveries. Tesla needs to be able to take care of what hopefully is a small set of vehicles damaged in-transit, and and that would not be possible w/o a co-located service center. To be clear - I'm not talking major damage. Just minor touchups. We all want to believe every car arrives perfect from the factory, but I doubt any place in the auto industry has that.

1697498887722.png
1697498980824.png
1697498759484.png

https://files.cityofportsmouth.com/...etteRd_2454/LafayetteRd_2454_BOA_10172023.pdf

Reactions: SpiritAdriftM
My opinion - without a service component, no deliveries. Tesla needs to be able to take care of what hopefully is a small set of vehicles damaged in-transit, and and that would not be possible w/o a co-located service center. To be clear - I'm not talking major damage. Just minor touchups. We all want to believe every car arrives perfect from the factory, but I doubt any place in the auto industry has that.
Well, they could prep in MA than drive/truck them up to NH for final delivery. They have to understand that sending buyers to NJ isn't really sustainable. Only the most hard core buyers will go through that.

Of course South Burlington helps a bit when it opens.

Well, they could prep in MA than drive/truck them up to NH for final delivery. They have to understand that sending buyers to NJ isn't really sustainable. Only the most hard core buyers will go through that.

I think to prep in MA and ship to NH for delivery would require more resources in MA than they currently have. I believe all current MA locations are delivering as many vehicles as they possibly can with current staffing/logistics capabilities. They do have lots of jobs posted so I guess it's possible they could solve that part. You'd still have the possibility of cars being damaged on the way up from MA to NH (anytime they go on or off a truck...). And if that weren't enough, they would need to do the pre-delivery detail of the vehicle NH (Tesla does outsource this when needed I think).

All solvable of course but seems unlikely they would go that route for this location.

Still, great to see Tesla making it easier for current and prospective customers to see, touch and especially drive vehicles.

Oh, and BTW, this location is nearly right across the street from the former burger king and proposed Common Man Roadside location that should be getting a Tesla Supercharger....

Or they could just continue with the current situation.

As ever with Tesla, it's best to avoid assumption or hope.

This came before the zoning board tonight and was approved with the stipulation that it must also be reviewed by both the planning board and site plan review technical advisory committee due to the fact that it's a new and emerging use case.

During the presentation it was also shared that Tesla is working to develop about five locations of this type throughout New England, with Salem NH being mentioned as one of them.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
How about a Portsmouth,NH SC location? That would be nice and sorely needed.
Nothing downtown, but there is one proposal across the street from here but it not had any traction over the last year