Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla salvaged Y won’t start after repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Salvaged Tesla Model Y won’t start after repair

Recently I made repairs to the vehicle after it was damaged in the accident. After replacing VCfront module the car allowed me to access the service mode and there I found that the contactors are not closing in my vehicle. I replaced the 16V li-on battery but still no luck, I tried charging the old one as well but no luck there, simply won’t take the charge. The Pyro was swapped
What could be the reason the HV battery won’t turn on? I’ll appreciate any help!

Attachments

• CBE10D62-D489-489F-AD19-37B8208578CA.jpeg
    CBE10D62-D489-489F-AD19-37B8208578CA.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 246
Salvaged Tesla Model Y won’t start after repair

Recently I made repairs to the vehicle after it was damaged in the accident. After replacing VCfront module the car allowed me to access the service mode and there I found that the contactors are not closing in my vehicle. I replaced the 16V li-on battery but still no luck, I tried charging the old one as well but no luck there, simply won’t take the charge. The Pyro was swapped
What could be the reason the HV battery won’t turn on? I’ll appreciate any help!
It could be a whole number of things. You should go to a Tesla mechanic (or Service Center) and get a diagnosis. Maybe you could fix it yourself afterwards, but you need to know where the problem is.

Upvote 0
If the car is involved in an accident and the airbags deploy, perhaps the contactors are shutting off on purpose much like the fuel cutoff switch on a car, which needs a manual reset. I'm just speculating, but it would also likely need a reset.

Upvote 0