Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Servers Down can’t get delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Houston. Reservation page showed three Tesla's, none of which was the Y I ordered. Refreshed it and it showed my reservation at step 1, instead of the "drafting of contract stage" that I've been sitting at since April.

A few days ago I had a 5yjy letter/number combo showing up in the source code, but it was not a VIN. It appeared out of the blue one day, stayed for about a week, then it was gone again.

Has anyone else noticed 5yjy combos that are not VINs?

I'm in Houston. Reservation page showed three Tesla's, none of which was the Y I ordered. Refreshed it and it showed my reservation at step 1, instead of the "drafting of contract stage" that I've been sitting at since April.

A few days ago I had a 5yjy letter/number combo showing up in the source code, but it was not a VIN. It appeared out of the blue one day, stayed for about a week, then it was gone again.

Has anyone else noticed 5yjy combos that are not VINs?

Yes, I did notice 5yjy text that are not VIN. That text comes and goes for me. I don't have a VIN assigned yet.

Yep, I was taking delivery in IL when this hiccup happened. Blue/white PuP - took delivery at Schaumburg SC in IL. I had just done the exterior check out, went to accept it on my phone and no go. Spent next 2 plus hours there fooling around with it and trying everything under the sun to see if I could get it working. Nice guy, he really felt sorry and apologized but nothing he or I could do, it was the system down that hosed it all. They finally marked it as accepted in the system some how, I signed the papers and drove home using the RFID cards only. Perhaps later on tonight it will sort itself out and I will see my MY in the app. Crazy timing, but that is my luck. At least I got a good one. No paint or alignment issues. A couple of minor issues they fixed before I took it home. Something on the paint they buffed out, a dirty spot on the B pillar driver's side where it meets the headliner, and the driver's side window needed adjusting, door was not closing correctly. That was it. Oh well, home now and I have my MY. Just have to find some open road so I can mash that right pedal...

Reactions: geraldineinsf
Burbank delivery was a mess. They really need to spread out the delivery windows and offer some type of assistance, instead of telling groups of customers to, "accept delivery on your account page in order to find your car on the lot." And at least wipe down the cars before saying its ready for delivery. Mine had a layer of dust and bugs on it.