Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service losing their minds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon,

I took the MYP in the beginning of the year for some sort of dent defect which ended up becoming a re-imbursement check for getting repaired (from the manager's mouth). I was told they have the quoted amount, they won't tell me how much it is, but I would receive an e-mail before the check was cut and e-mailed to me. Then I noticed the interior from the rear hatchback peeling away from the roof causing squeaks etc, and when submitted for service, I was just quoted today $96 for labor (the car has 8200 miles bought back in September of last year). Leaving voicemails to follow-up regarding the check have failed. I'm headed in tomorrow morning but am both angry and disappointed. Anyone else experiencing this/have any tips? Thanks!!!!!!

-mac

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yea the day I picked up the MYP the Tesla douchebag was having me go through paperwork. Before I realized it, I signed the papers before getting to inspect the car. When I asked, he said "oh we're going to fix any issues you have". I was not expecting this ugh thanks guys.. looks like I'm in for a bumpy ride...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yea the day I picked up the MYP the Tesla douchebag was having me go through paperwork. Before I realized it, I signed the papers before getting to inspect the car. When I asked, he said "oh we're going to fix any issues you have". I was not expecting this ugh thanks guys.. looks like I'm in for a bumpy ride...
You’re a confusing buyer. You call them a DB because You signed the papers 6 months ago (Sept delivery). Did you expect fix your issues to mean forever for a dent? If you speak to them the way you write I would not expect any quality service.

You’re a confusing buyer. You call them a DB because You signed the papers 6 months ago (Sept delivery). Did you expect fix your issues to mean forever for a dent? If you speak to them the way you write I would not expect any quality service.
Man no offense, but your grammar is godawful horrible. "Did you expect fix your issues to mean forever for a dent".. HUH? And I didn't speak to them 'the way I write' (wtf)?

The 'DB' danced around pointing me to my car to do a walkthrough either because he was being lazy or deceitful in my subjective humble opinion.

To emphasize: I was upset when I wrote the post and described said 'DB' to you guys based on how I felt at the time while letting off steam; I didn't let off steam to anyone in-person; thanks Yelobird for those assumptions - we'll just leave it at that guy 👍

Man no offense, but your grammar is godawful horrible. "Did you expect fix your issues to mean forever for a dent".. HUH? And I didn't speak to them 'the way I write' (wtf)?

The 'DB' danced around pointing me to my car to do a walkthrough either because he was being lazy or deceitful in my subjective humble opinion.

To emphasize: I was upset when I wrote the post and described said 'DB' to you guys based on how I felt at the time while letting off steam; I didn't let off steam to anyone in-person; thanks Yelobird for those assumptions - we'll just leave it at that guy 👍
No problem guy, happy to help.

I have found that the service people themselves, in the Seattle area and now in the midwest, are never the problem. The problem seems to be the rules they are forced to work under. Of course in very busy areas they also have a hiring problem as Elon does not wish to spend any more money than he has to on anything that doesn't get him fame.

And I used to be such a great fan! (Although I still love the vehicles, and have yet to meet a local person that was a real problem. Corporate people? Now there I've run into a lot.

Reactions: Macgyverfever
I have found that the service people themselves, in the Seattle area and now in the midwest, are never the problem. The problem seems to be the rules they are forced to work under. Of course in very busy areas they also have a hiring problem as Elon does not wish to spend any more money than he has to on anything that doesn't get him fame.

And I used to be such a great fan! (Although I still love the vehicles, and have yet to meet a local person that was a real problem. Corporate people? Now there I've run into a lot.

I agree with you to an extent that at times, they may be under the pump, but I always take the car in the mornings, and I've more often than not seen these service people chatting, strolling around, etc which hey, if you can get by with it, more power to ya (I'm no boyscout), but personally if I found myself under the pump or doing subpar work thereafter, I would then take pride in my work and would mitigate myself to be a more effective worker (maybe I was raised to be fair or at least not make assumptions of people until I knew all of the facts 🤔 )

Reactions: henderrj