Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service - Post Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 weeks out is still too far out. You likely aren't going to get a response until a few days prior to your actual appointment. You likely will get an email stating if they've ordered any parts that they think they'll need for your car, and then a day before your appointment you'll get a text from your SA. That text will be your direct comms to the SA so don't delete it.

If this is the full list of items you expect them to repair in 1 visit - good luck. Many of these seems to been fairly straight forward but you'll likely get some push back as "within spec" or some other answer. I was persistent and within 1 month of ownership was in the SC 3 times. All my issues were eventually rectified. Some advisors will BS you and try to not fix anything. The key is to find that one SA that actually gives a crap and lean onto him/her.

Thanks for the input, I'll keep my eyes out for the text, some of the items that are minor I can live with but if they pull the it's within spec, I'd going to try and dig my heels in and ask for more info. I did bring up the bigger items to the delivery advisor and they agreed and said service would adjust...I'll keep everyone posted with my experience at this buena park, CA service center.

Left my Model Y at the Buena Park Service Center this morning, things went pretty smooth so far...Chris was my service advisor and he's been helpful and supportive with the process. It's important to have a checklist of everything you would like them to address...they did not reference my photos or what even wrote in my service submission...at least when we were physically looking at everything around the car.

They gave me a tesla Model S loaner vehicle via enterprise, all setup by Tesla -- and I received a text message around 2PM today that my car will be ready for pickup sometime around tomorrow afternoon. I asked Chris, since my model Y was slated to have my headliners replaced, rear bumper replaced, DS mirror and DS taillight replaced, headlights adjusted, frunk latch fixed, doors re-aligned and interior pillars scratched. He confirmed that it was all "complete," which if they have done everything to my satisfaction -- this has been a pretty smooth process overall.

I have a friend that went to the Van Nuys service center and its' been in and out of that service center for the past 5 months...what a disaster. He prepped me up and showed me what to look out for, so that may have helped my overall experience as well.

Stay tuned, will continue to update when i pick up the vehicle tomorrow (If they do end up texting me to come get it)

Left my Model Y at the Buena Park Service Center this morning, things went pretty smooth so far...Chris was my service advisor and he's been helpful and supportive with the process. It's important to have a checklist of everything you would like them to address...they did not reference my photos or what even wrote in my service submission...at least when we were physically looking at everything around the car.

They gave me a tesla Model S loaner vehicle via enterprise, all setup by Tesla -- and I received a text message around 2PM today that my car will be ready for pickup sometime around tomorrow afternoon. I asked Chris, since my model Y was slated to have my headliners replaced, rear bumper replaced, DS mirror and DS taillight replaced, headlights adjusted, frunk latch fixed, doors re-aligned and interior pillars scratched. He confirmed that it was all "complete," which if they have done everything to my satisfaction -- this has been a pretty smooth process overall.

I have a friend that went to the Van Nuys service center and its' been in and out of that service center for the past 5 months...what a disaster. He prepped me up and showed me what to look out for, so that may have helped my overall experience as well.

Stay tuned, will continue to update when i pick up the vehicle tomorrow (If they do end up texting me to come get it)

Tesla service centers are open on Saturdays? If so, that is convenient. My local SC is only open M-F

PXL_20201114_204808258.jpg
Went to pickup my model Y at the service center today, pretty bad...it's like no one actually quality controls the repairs. They also scratched my front bumper, headliners that were replaced were not installed very well at all...I've asked if they can fix everything properly before calling me back.

They did replace the bumper, taillight and side mirror but right now my car is worse off than when I sent it in... =/

Attachments

• PXL_20201114_204956716.jpg
    PXL_20201114_204956716.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PXL_20201114_203811201.jpg
    PXL_20201114_203811201.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 90
  • PXL_20201114_205735203.jpg
    PXL_20201114_205735203.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 108
View attachment 608459 Went to pickup my model Y at the service center today, pretty bad...it's like no one actually quality controls the repairs. They also scratched my front bumper, headliners that were replaced were not installed very well at all...I've asked if they can fix everything properly before calling me back.

They did replace the bumper, taillight and side mirror but right now my car is worse off than when I sent it in... =/

Sounds about right. Tesla SC try to do their best at making the repairs, but when making repairs they cause a sleuth of other issues. It took me 4 SC visits to fix everything on my car. Be persistent and don't take no or "within spec" as a reason to not push them.

Sounds about right. Tesla SC try to do their best at making the repairs, but when making repairs they cause a sleuth of other issues. It took me 4 SC visits to fix everything on my car. Be persistent and don't take no or "within spec" as a reason to not push them.

Yeah it's really not right...these business practices shouldn't even be entertained, luckily I kept the loaner vehicle keys in my pocket and don't plan to give them up until they can fix all the items + new ones they created.

Well, looks like I'm not alone. I picked up my car this morning after the SC fixed the missing paint on the decklid and curb rashed wheel. They returned the car to me in a filthy condition, so I figured I'd wash it. Good thing because while washing it I found that they didn't put all the fasteners in the drivers side tail light! I wobbles when you touch it now and that was fine when I dropped the car off for service. I also found two random fasteners, appear to be M6 or M8 with blue Loctite on them...they are rolling around on my floormat! Who knows where they go and what is likely to fall apart since they are not attached. Lastly, I found chipped paint on the hood that was not there when I dropped the car off! The car actually came back from service with more issues than it had when it went in.
IMG_0838.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg

I know I shouldn't be, but I really am stunned by the complete lack of QC at any given stage of my delivery process. This is just sad.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get a hold of a shop manual? I'm considering just fixing the tail light myself because if I wait for the next service appointment it may fall out by then...it's THAT loose.

Also if someone happens to recognize the random fasteners, I'd appreciate a point towards where they might belong. (I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask).

Bay Area folks, does anyone know what the exact address of Fremont Delivery Hub "Service Center"? I picked my car last week and setup a service appointment at the Santa Clara service center to get few issues noted at delivery. yesterday I got message from someone on the App saying my issues are delivery related and hence the appointment is moved to the Fremont Delivery Hub Service center. Now I see a new appointment on my app for the Delivery Hub Service but it has no address..
Also my previous issue description and uploaded photos are not showing up anymore after they moved the appointment..

Bay Area folks, does anyone know what the exact address of Fremont Delivery Hub "Service Center"? I picked my car last week and setup a service appointment at the Santa Clara service center to get few issues noted at delivery. yesterday I got message from someone on the App saying my issues are delivery related and hence the appointment is moved to the Fremont Delivery Hub Service center. Now I see a new appointment on my app for the Delivery Hub Service but it has no address..
Also my previous issue description and uploaded photos are not showing up anymore after they moved the appointment..

45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538

Or go to google maps and put in "tesla factory showroom"

I just received my Model Y back from the Buena Park Service Center, i would say that they completed everything to my standards up to 98%...the 2% missing would be that they could have adjusted the passenger side doors just a tad more but they both definitely look a lot better and i can tell they tried to adjust both sides. It was pretty clean last time i saw it (the 2nd time i went in to check their work...) but they did not clean the car again when i went today to pick it up 3 days later. I would say when i was there on Tuesday this week, they really tried to make sure the car was detailed and clean for me to pickup.

The bottom passenger side fender did have a scratch on it which the service advisor said they'll send the mobile unit out to repair. Overall other than the small scratch, my vehicle appears to be in much better shape and liners are all fitting perfectly.

Ordered LR AWD, MSM/white, hitch, 20" wheels, FSD 11/26.

My nearest SC is 226 miles away. Am I going to be forced to drive 226 miles to have standard repair items fixed or will they send a mobile tech? I live in the Charleston, SC area.

Schedule an appointment as soon as you can in the Tesla app. Take photos of everything you notice as soon as you notice it. Continuously update the appointment description, and since the Tesla app only allows five photos, create an online album and share the link in the text of the service appointment description.

I got up to 13 issues and had the appointment continuously rescheduled due to parts waiting. Finally was able to drop off my MY for a service appointment 55 days after accepting delivery. Fingers crossed they'll be able to correct everything. Half the problems are body panels not lining up and gap issues. The other half are damaged or gouged parts and a few things that weren't installed correctly, including a battery protection cover under the vehicle.

Two of them...a double paint blister to the left of the frunk and a door ding from the pre-delivery... I'll probably end up paying a body shop to fix, since the Tysons, VA sales location said I had to accept any paint issues as-is or refuse delivery.

Messaged my SC at the Buena Park location again today, letting him know that my DS tail light doesn't work...i took delivery back on Friday and while driving today, someone was nice enough to tell me my DS tail light isn't working....semi embarrassing as I hope they can fix this via the mobile repair unit...along with the PS lower rocker trim that they scratched when I got the car back. I had about 30 issues on my list initially...here's what's left:

1) PS front door still appears slightly mis-aligned, the driver side is now perfect with no issues but appears they couldn't get it the same on the passenger side...the SA told me it's within spec and they won't be trying to adjust it anymore...not sure if i'm going to just accept that and thinking of escalating to upper management if I need to. Only issue is that there's inherent risk of leaving my car there for more issues as I've learned the first time. Quite crappy to even have to worry about that to be honest...

2) As mentioned, the PS lower rocker trim was scratched by the service tech and needs to be replaced...it was noted again for another service but apparently can be replaced via the mobile unit.

3) DS tail light does not work, emailed my SA about it today -- hopefully this more just someone didn't connect the power to it vs. a bigger issue but this part was initially replaced due to a scratch upon delivery.

Overall my model Y is in much better shape, they had to repaint my front bumper and PS fender as they had scratched it after the first service. Be firm and respectful, it can get frustrating at times for sure...almost blew a gasket a few times but stayed professional. There were others at the SC that weren't so nice...not sure if that helps the situation though.

How long after delivery did you get your first software update? I picked up last week and the car is on factory version 39 and no updates yet. How long should I give it before I contact service to see if an update is stuck since with my other Tesla they updated usually the same or next day.